Advising, Careers, & Well-Being
Choose from the options below, and be sure to mark your calendar for LBCC’s annual career fair.
Undecided? Explore your career options
Career Exploration (HD140): Career Exploration is a class that introduces different ways to explore careers. Throughout the course, students will compare careers through self-assessments, identification of personal needs, review of college programs, informational interviews, guest speakers, and online resources. Students will gain self-knowledge and be exposed to work environment differences.
- Career and Life Planning (HD208): A career development class which evaluates interests, skills, personal values, labor market conditions, work environment preferences, and academic and personal goals as they relate to career choice. Students will identify programs of study that complement individual needs. This course includes decision-making and goal setting methods to aid in making a confident career choice. Strategies for career success are identified through the analysis of employer expectations, examination of non-technical employment skills, and exploration of diversity topics.
- Career Exploration Cooperative Work Experience (WE280): Earn college credits while interning/exploring/job shadowing a career you are considering. Find in LBCC Schedule of Classes under the Cooperative Work Experience section. Visit our CWE page for more information.
Gain access to our comprehensive career exploration tool: Oregon CIS
Need a job? Access Employment Services
Develop your job search skills
The purpose of the resume is to get an interview. They are not meant to serve the same purpose as a job application. You may need to prepare several resumes to target specific jobs. Among other things, resumes show your skills and accomplishments, jobs you have held, and the education you have completed.
- Cover letters:
A cover letter is an introduction of yourself, the reason you are writing, and to highlight key qualifications that make you the best candidate for the position. A cover letter or letter of interest should always be included when you are emailing, mailing, or faxing your resume.
You’ve heard it before: “It’s not what you know, but who you know.” Networking is the key to finding hidden jobs and landing hot jobs before the rest of the world knows they’re available.
- And more!
Schedule a conversation with a Career Specialist to chat about mock interviews, portfolios, and much more!
Find job openings
- State of Oregon Employment Department
- State of Oregon Government Jobs
- Job Seeker Resources during COVID-19
Attend Career Fair
- Annual event connecting students and employers
Learn how employers recruit students
Want more resources to complete your education?
Find the school that offers majors of interest:
Utilize the Oregon Career Information System to discover where your top programs are offered.
Phone: (541) 917-4780
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00am - 4:00pm, Remote (phone or zoom) and In-Person options available
Location: Takena Hall 101
For assistance with class registration or new student sessions, or questions about college resources or processes, please contact the First Resort. They are available by zoom room, email and chat.