The Library is committed to providing resources, services and an environment that support the mission, goals and curriculum of the college.
The primary goals of the Library are:
- to support the instructional programs of the college.
- to enable the faculty and administrative staff to keep abreast of developments in their fields of interest.
- to provide access to information which is outside the scope of present instruction.
- to provide access to the public to resources and services.
- to train in information literacy.
- to provide an atmosphere conducive to study and research.
The Information Literacy Instruction program outcomes at LBCC state that students will:
- Determine the extent of information needed.
- Access the needed information.
- Evaluate information and its sources critically.
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose.
- Access and use information ethically and legally.