Children in the Library Policy
- Children are welcome to use the spaces and collections in the LBCC Library.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible caregiver. However, patrons of any age who are unable or unwilling to care for themselves must have adequate supervision from a caregiver.
- Caregivers must be at least 13 years of age.
- Library staff do not serve in loco parentis. Parents and caregivers, not library staff, are responsible for the behavior and supervision of children in the library and the resources they access. LBCC Library provides unfiltered access to the internet.
- Children, like all patrons, are expected to abide by our code of conduct.
For information about LBCC policies in locations other than the Library, please refer to AR 1035-01.