The Linn-Benton Community College Library (“the Library”) provides access to its collections, without any charge, to students, employees, and community members. Some items are only available to certain users, including:
- Interlibrary loans - reserved for LBCC students and employees
- Laptops and hotspots - reserved for LBCC students
- Course textbooks - reserved for LBCC students
See our Access Policy for more details about services to the public.
All library users may renew their checkouts twice. Reserve materials cannot be renewed. You may renew online by using the "My Library Account" link on the library's webpage, in person at the library's circulation counter, or by phone. During the Library's open hours, please feel free to call the Circulation Counter at (541) 917-4638 for assistance.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Renew Library Materials
Step 1: Go to the library homepage.
Step 2: Click on the “Check my Library Account” button.
Step 3: Log into your account using your X number as the user ID and your 4-digit year of birth for your password (unless you’ve reset your password to something else.) Click "Log In" button.
Step 4: Click on the link “Items Checked Out.”
Step 5: Check the box on the left-hand side of each title that you would like to renew check out.
Step 6: Click on the box that says GO.
Step 7: Check YES on the pop-up menu that ask if you would like to renew selected items.
Step 8: Confirm that the due date has been revised for the items you requested be renewed.
2-hour reserves: $.50 an hour
One-week reserves: $2.00 a day
Materials obtained through interlibrary loan: $2.00 a day
Laptops and hotspots: $2.00 a day
All other library items: $.25 a day
To avoid late charges, please make sure to renew your materials, either online, by using the "My Library Account" link on the top right corner of the page, or by calling the LBCC Library Circulation Desk at (541) 917-4638.
RESERVE MATERIALS CANNOT BE RENEWED.
Suspension of Borrowing Privileges
When a user's account accumulates $10.00 or more in fines, their checkout privileges will be "blocked" and remain suspended until the user does the following:
1. Check in all materials on which fines are accumulating. (e.g. If one has a reserve item out, privileges will not be unblocked until the item has been checked in).
2. Pay the bill for overdue fines (this bill is generated at the library's circulation counter) at the LBCC Business Office and bring the receipt back to the circulation counter.
Blocked users can appeal their bills by filling out an appeal form and submitting it to library circulation staff. A librarian will review the appeal and reply directly to the user. Contact email@example.com to initiate this process.
How can I avoid being fined/billed?
Here are a few tips to avoid accumulating fines and being billed for "LOST" books:
- Pay attention to due dates (this will be printed on your receipt)
- Renew your checkouts (with the exception of Reserve materials, calculators, hotspots, and laptops)
- Read your LBCC email - you will receive the following email reminders before you are actually billed for "LOST" items:
- 3 days before materials are due
- The day after materials become overdue
- 14 days after materials become overdue
- 21 days after materials become overdue
Remember, you can renew checkouts of most library items (except Reserves, calculators, and laptops) up until they are marked "LOST." While this does not erase any accumulated fines, you can save yourself the expense of replacing a book!
Significant or repeated failure to return library items (including technology) may result in suspension of a library user's borrowing privileges.
"Lost" or Long Overdue Items
Billing for LOST or Long Overdue Materials
The library's checkout software automatically marks checkouts as "LOST" 40 days after their due date if they have not been checked in. At this point, you will receive an email notifiying you of a pending bill; billing will be done by the LBCC billing office. You will be billed the cost of item plus fines and processing fees for each lost item. Please make sure to return materials on time or to renew your loans.