The Linn-Benton Community College Library (“the Library”) provides access to its collections, without any charge, to students, employees, and community members. Some items are only available to certain users, including:
- Interlibrary loans - reserved for LBCC students and employees
- Laptops and hotspots - reserved for LBCC students
- Course textbooks - reserved for LBCC students
See our Access Policy for more details about services to the public.
The due date for all library materials, with the exception of one day / two hour
/ reserve items is the end of the current term. No checkouts may be renewed. During the Library's open hours, please feel free to call the Circulation Counter
at 541-917-4638 for assistance.
2-hour reserves: $.50 an hour
One-week reserves: $2.00 a day
Materials obtained through interlibrary loan: $2.00 a day
Laptops and hotspots: $2.00 a day
All other library items: $.25 a day
To avoid late charges, please make sure to renew your materials, either online, by
using the "My Library Account" link on the top right corner of the page, or by calling
the LBCC Library Circulation Desk at 541-917-4638.
Suspension of Borrowing Privileges
When a user's account accumulates $10.00 or more in fines, their checkout privileges will be "blocked" and remain suspended until the user does the following:
1. Check in all materials on which fines are accumulating. (e.g. If one has a reserve item out, privileges will not be unblocked until the item has been checked in).
2. Pay the bill for overdue fines (this bill is generated at the library's circulation counter) at the LBCC Business Office and bring the receipt back to the circulation counter.
Blocked users can appeal their bills by filling out an appeal form and submitting
it to library circulation staff. A librarian will review the appeal and reply directly
to the user. Contact email@example.com to initiate this process.
How can I avoid being fined/billed?
Here are a few tips to avoid accumulating fines and being billed for "LOST" books:
- Pay attention to due dates (this will be printed on your receipt)
- Renew your checkouts (with the exception of Reserve materials, calculators, hotspots, and laptops)
- Read your LBCC email - you will receive the following email reminders before you are actually billed for "LOST" items:
- 3 days before materials are due
- The day after materials become overdue
- 14 days after materials become overdue
- 21 days after materials become overdue
Remember, you can renew checkouts of most library items (except Reserves, calculators, and laptops) up until they are marked "LOST." While this does not erase any accumulated fines, you can save yourself the expense of replacing a book!
Significant or repeated failure to return library items (including technology) may
result in suspension of a library user's borrowing privileges.
"Lost" or Long Overdue Items
Billing for LOST or Long Overdue Materials
The library's checkout software automatically marks checkouts as "LOST" 21 days after their due date if they have not been checked in. At this point, you will receive an email notifying you of a pending bill; billing will be done by the LBCC billing office. You will be billed the cost of item plus fines and processing fees for each lost item. Please make sure to return materials on time or to renew your loans.
Term-Long Equipment Lending Policies
Linn-Benton Community College, as part of its commitment to student success, makes a variety of technology equipment available to its students through various offices and departments at the college. The LB Library provides computers and internet access available to students both on campus and through check-out of equipment for home use. As part of this commitment, we also have a responsibility to be good stewards of these resources, to make them available to as many students as possible in order to provide opportunity for the student population as a whole, and to keep them in good working order. The following policies apply to term-long checkouts of laptops and hotspots from the LB Library:
- Checkout of laptops and hotspots are restricted to currently-enrolled students at Linn-Benton.
- Checkout term length for laptops and hotspots runs from the first day of the term to the last day of the term. Items cannot be picked up before that day and must be returned by that day. No renewals are allowed. This enables us to update and maintain the machines over the breaks between terms. Items not returned may be subject to late fees or replacement costs.
- Laptop and hotspot checkouts are first come, first served and are done in person at the Albany Campus LB Library. No reservations or holds are allowed. This allows for the most equitable access to the equipment and ensures that it is in good working order when it leaves the library.
- If equipment is not returned by the end of the term, library checkout privileges may be suspended until the equipment is returned and/or any late fees and bills have been paid, which can include the cost of replacing the equipment. Students can appeal their bills by filling out an appeal form and submitting it to library circulation staff. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-917-4638 to initiate this process.
- If equipment is damaged, lost or stolen, students may be held responsible for part or all of the costs and it may impact access to borrow equipment in the future. This is decided on a case-by-case basis in order to ensure the most equitable access to these resources for the student population as a whole, and can be appealed by filling out an appeal form and submitting it to library circulation staff. Contact email@example.com or call 541-917-4638 to initiate this process.