Library Programs Policy
Standards for programs at the LBCC Library
The moderator or organizer of the program must meet with at least one of the LBCC Librarians to discuss how they plan to meet these standards prior to the event.
- The program must be relevant to the Library’s mission and goals[LINK TO Mission and Goals page].
- The moderator or organizer of the event must clearly identify the program's focus and perspectives at the beginning of the program.
- The moderator or organizer of the event must clearly state the program’s ground rules at the beginning of any program that invites discussion.
- The choice of ground rules is left to the moderator/organizer, but the rules must be created with the intent of reducing and constructively addressing personal attacks against individuals and groups.
- We have provided example sets of ground rules below.