How to Get Started
Steps to Apply to Accessibility Resources
If you are experiencing a barrier that interferes with your chances of being a successful student, Accessibility Resources encourages you to begin this process as soon as possible. To establish accommodations, you must complete Part 1 and Part 2 of the accommodation process.
1. Register with Accessibility Resources
2. Submit Documentation or Evidence of Disability
- Students are responsible for providing current documentation or evidence of disability.
- LBCC does not assess or diagnose for any disabilities.
- Acceptable sources of documentation for proving a student’s disability can take a variety of forms. These may include information from:
- Diagnosing professionals
- Former educational facilities
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Student's self-report (if no documentation exists)
- Please allow approximately ten business days for your documentation or evidence of disability to be reviewed once received and for our office to contact you to schedule an intake appointment.
3. Complete Intake Appointment
- This is an interactive process to develop an accommodation plan.
- Options are available to meet in person or remotely.
1. Learn How To Request And Use Your Accommodations
Complete a training to learn how to request and use your approved accommodations.
- This is a required step to complete the intake process.