Center for Accessibility Resources
How to Get Started
Steps to Apply to the Center for Accessibility Resources
If you are experiencing a barrier that interferes with your chances of being a successful
student, we encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible. To establish
accommodations, you must complete Part 1 and Part 2 of the accommodation process.
1. Register with Center for Accessibility Resources:
- Complete our Online Application.
2. Submit Documentation or Evidence of Disability:
- Students are responsible for providing current documentation or evidence of disability.
- LBCC does not assess or diagnose for any disabilities.
- Acceptable sources of documentation for proving a student’s disability can take a variety of forms. These may include information from:
- Diagnosing professionals
- Former educational facilities
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Student's self-report
- See Providing Documentation or Evidence page for more information.
This means you work with or have worked with a credentialed professional or Vocational Rehabilitation Services office, have had an IEP, 504 or approved accommodations at another school, or are a disabled veteran.
We can help you access your documentation.
This means you do not have documentation and need to provide a self-report.
3. Complete Intake Appointment:
- This is an interactive process to develop an accommodation plan.
- Please allow approximately 10 business days for your application and documentation or evidence of disability to be reviewed.
1. Learn How To Request And Use Your Accommodations:
Complete a training to learn how to request and use your approved accommodations.
- This is a required step to complete the intake process.