Veteran Student Services
LBCC's Commitment to Military Students
LBCC complies with the Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). We have signed on in compliance to show that LBCC follows DoD guidelines.
What that means:
- LBCC maintains accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and complies with Federal and State regulations.
- The LBCC Veterans Office was established to provide students with information and
referrals to services including:
- Information about programs and access to professionals to help with course planning
- Information about cost and funding options including Financial Aid professionals who can assist students in learning about federal or private funding options
- LBCC discloses its Cohort Default Rate
- LBCC has a readmission policy that allows Service Members to readmit to the college in the same status they left if the reason for leaving was because they were called to active duty in accordance with 34 CFR 668.18
- LBCC does not practice aggressive recruiting of any students, including Service Members or Veterans.
- LBCC does not incentivize any employee based on enrolling students in school or receiving federal aid
- LBCC provides a Veterans Resource Center on the Albany Campus
LBCC is committed to protecting the best interests of all students, including our military and veteran students. As a public state institution of higher learning, we abide by both federal law and a guiding set of principles established by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
LBCC prohibits the payment of any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including TA funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
LBCC prohibits high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs