- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 8030
TITLE: REQUESTS FOR PUBLIC RECORDS
It is the intent of the Board of Education that the college fully comply with the applicable provisions of Oregon Revised Statutes, Chapter 192, providing every person with their right to inspect any nonexempt public record.
As legally defined, any writing containing information relating to the conduct of the public’s business that is prepared, owned, used or retained by LBCC, regardless of physical form or characteristics – and that is not specifically exempt in ORS 192 or in U.S. Code Title 20 › Chapter 31 › Subchapter III › Part 4 › § 1232g (Family Education Right to Privacy Act) or in any other applicable state or federal law – is considered a public record including handwriting, printing, email, photography, and every means of recording including letters, words, pictures, sounds, symbols or any combination thereof, and all papers, maps, files, facsimiles, or electronic recordings. All public records will be available to the public in accordance with the law.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 9/21/11
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 03/18/15
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 03/18/15; 1/16/19