ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 8015-01
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 8015
TITLE: NAMING FACILITIES
To describe the criteria and process for naming a new LBCC facility, or making name changes to an existing facility.
College facilities, sections thereof, or any area of the college may be named according to the following criteria:
- According to the function or use of the facility;
- According to the location of the facility;
- According to a geographic feature such as a river;
- For individuals or businesses having a significant impact on the college through an
important donation or outstanding service to the college.
- As part of a major-gifts fundraising campaign strategy guided by the LBCC Foundation,
with approval from the president and Board of Education;
- A previously named facility may be renamed should circumstances call for it, such as in the case of a new significant opportunity to advance the college, or to revisit an earlier decision in light of new historic information.
The president may review formal proposals for seeking a new name, or to make a name change. The president may appoint a committee to assist with the development of recommended names. If a committee is formed, a staff member from the Advancement Office shall be on the committee. The president will recommend the new name to the Board of Education after review and discussion by College Council. The Board of Education provides final approval of the new name.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 11/13/01
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 03/04/08; 05/07/15; 2/7/19
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 12/15/09; 05/07/15; 2/7/19