- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 7040-02
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 7040
TITLE: DIRECTORY INFORMATION
The purpose of this rule is to define what student information is defined as directory information in accordance with requirements of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.
In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) allows colleges to define directory information. This does not require the college to share or publish this information, it allows the college to share it accordingly when there is a clear public interest as defined by Oregon public records statute. Linn-Benton Community College considers the following to be directory and therefore public information:
- student's name,
- LBCC e-mail,
- telephone listing,
- major field of study,
- participation in officially recognized activities and sports,
- weight and height of athletic team members,
- dates of attendance, and
- degrees and awards received.
- enrollment status (full time or part time)
Students who do not wish to have any of the above information released by the college must complete a Directory Deletion form with the Admission's Office.
Inquiries for directory information for a group of students should be directed to the Registrar. A directory information request must be made in writing. A fee will be charged.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 08/13/84
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 01/17/95; 3/4/11; 04/03/14; 5/3/18; 12/6/18
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 04/03/14; 5/3/18; 12/6/18