- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 6145
TITLE: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
To provide an excellent learning environment for students and to support the college’s shared value of learning through the provision of employee professional development activities.
BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEES
Professional development opportunities for bargaining unit employees are subject to collective bargaining agreements and shall be governed by the respective agreements. Failing such agreements, Board Policy and Administrative Rules shall apply.
The Board directs the President to establish and maintain administrative rules and procedures to ensure there are opportunities for employees to engage in a wide variety of professional development activities, while remaining sensitive to applicable fiscal constraints.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 01/09/86
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 07/21/93; 06/15/94; 06/20/07: 5/16/12; 01/17/18
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 01/17/08