- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
TITLE: CREDIT HOUR POLICY
It is the goal of this policy to ensure ongoing compliance with Title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations., regarding the definition and assignment of credit hours under Section 600.2. and 600.4.
Credit-bearing courses, regardless of delivery method, are scheduled and conducted in compliance with federal regulations defining the credit hour. A credit hour is an amount of work represented in intended learning outcomes and verified by evidence of student achievement, corresponding to one hour of classroom or direct faculty instruction and a minimum of two hours of out-of-class student work each week for ten to twelve weeks for one quarter.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 03/20/13;
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 5/18/16
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 5/18/16; 3/18/2020