The LBCC Occupational Therapy Assistant program is a two-year Associate of Applied Science Degree program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. The program follows a hybrid delivery model and includes classroom, laboratory, and fieldwork components.
- Classroom: Traditional students attend classes in person on the LBCC campus while distance-education students attend classes in real time/at the same time via the internet.
- Laboratory: Traditional students attend labs on the LBCC campus while distance-education students attend labs at partner community colleges or other sites in their geographic area. Additionally, all students come to the LBCC campus for one-day or two-day visits up to three times per term. Students are responsible for all associated travel costs.
- Fieldwork: Fieldwork experiences are completed at fieldwork sites in the Pacific Northwest; fieldwork placement is determined by the Academic Fieldwork Coordinator and is dependent upon availability of fieldwork sites and educators. Students are responsible for all associated travel costs.
A cohort of 24 students is admitted to each class. Students will develop an understanding of occupational therapy theory and practice, including activity analysis and clinical reasoning for helping clients meet their goals. Successful graduates will be eligible and prepared to sit for the national certification examination and to function as entry-level occupational therapy assistants in a variety of practice settings. The program performance data on the NBCOT National Certification exam can be found here NBCOT program performance data
For information about applying to the program, please refer to the "Occupational Therapy Assistant" Bulletin and Application located here, under the "Special Admission" heading. After reading the bulletin, if you are interested in applying as a traditional LBCC student, please contact Lorraine Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org; if you are interested in applying as a distance-education student through one of our partner colleges, please contact that college's OTA program advisor as listed in the bulletin.
**SAVE THE DATE** Come to a "Pre-Application Information" Session. Learn about a career in Occupational Therapy, find out how to apply to the OTA program, and get your questions answered!
2017-Online and in person
- Session A: Weds, November 8, 6pm-7:30pm
- Session B: Weds, November 15, 6pm-7:30pm
- Session C: Weds, December 6, 6pm-7:30pm
- Session D: Weds, January 17, 6pm-7:30pm
- Session E: Weds, January 31, 6pm-7:30pm
- Session F: Weds, February 7, 6pm-7:30pm
Participants for Sessions A,B,& C may attend in person at the LBCC Healthcare Occupations Center in Lebanon or online via video conference. Please note, sessions D,E & F are online only sessions.
Register early! Online attendance is restricted to 20 registrants for each session. There is no restriction for in person attandance.
To register: email email@example.com with your name, your session preference, and preferred email contact info. You will receive a confirmation email with details and directions for that session.
Please note: sessions may be combined or cancelled due to low enrollment. Registrants will be notified of any changes in schedule.