Finding Work

Work Study

For the 2021-2022 Academic Year, all available work-study positions have been filled and all funding has been allocated.

Beginning in the 2022-2023 Academic Year, student employment (work-study) will be  undergoing some major changes.  Watch for the unveiling of these changes coming soon.

Please note: If you are unable to secure a job by the end of the fourth week of the term, your award will be canceled for the year.



LBCC Comprehensive Statement of Nondiscrimination

LBCC prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, ethnicity, use of native language, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. For further information see Board Policy 1015 in our Board Policies and Administrative Rules. Title II, IX, & Section 504: Scott Rolen, CC-108, 541-917-4425; Jill Childress, T-107B, 541-917-4806, LBCC, Albany, Oregon. To report:



Request for Special Needs or Accommodations

Direct questions about or requests for special needs or accommodations to the LBCC Disability Coordinator, RCH-105, 6500 Pacific Blvd. SW, Albany, Oregon 97321, Phone 541-917-4789 or via Oregon Telecommunications Relay TTD at 800-735-2900 or 800-735-1232. Make sign language interpreting or real-time transcribing requests 2-4 weeks in advance. Make all other requests at least 72 hours prior to the event. LBCC will make every effort to honor requests. LBCC is an equal opportunity educator and employer.

FWS Student Rights and Responsibilities

When you accept a FWS position, you accept the following terms and conditions. If you do not meet your obligations, it is grounds for the FWS award to be canceled.

  • You must be registered for at least 6 credits and maintain Linn-Benton’s financial aid satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
  • You are responsible for monitoring your FWS earnings and hours which will always be available on your current time sheet online.
  • You cannot work more than 8 hours a day and or/ 20 hours per week. You cannot work when the college is closed (i.e. holidays, College In-service)
  • You are eligible to earn the offered amount each term. The money will roll forward with the exception of spring term which is the final term of the year award.
  • Submitting your timesheet is your responsibility. If you do not submit it in a timely manner, you may not receive payment until the following pay period. If you forget to enter your hours, contact your supervisor as soon as possible.
  • Record your hours accurately each time you work. Do not wait until the end of the pay period and try to reconstruct your work times. Record the total number of hours that you work each day on your time sheet to the nearest quarter hour (.25 = 15 min, .50 = 30 min, .75 = 45 min).
  • FWS earnings are paid by direct deposit. If you do not complete a direct deposit authorization, you will receive a paper check.
  • Financial aid will assume you no longer plan to take advantage of your FWS award and the award for the year will be rescinded if you have not been hired for a FWS position by the end of the fourth week of the term.
  • If special circumstances arise regarding your ability to work, contact your supervisor.
  • If you file a W-4 with exempt status, you must fill out a new W-4 form after January 1st of each year. Complete a new W-4 form promptly at the Human Resource Office if your marital status or tax withholding status changes during the year.
  • It is possible to have FWS job and also earn credits through Cooperative Work Experience. For more information, contact your Cooperative Work Experience Coordinator.
  • You may be eligible for a pay raise up to 3 times a year. Speak with your supervisor regarding an evaluation.
  • FWS wages are taxable. You will receive a W-2 before the end of January each year.
  • Per Oregon State Law, you are entitled to a 10-min break for every 4 hours you are scheduled to work. You may not work over 6 hours without signing out for a 30-minute lunch break (unpaid).
  • Per Federal and State Law, once you have been paid for a position on campus, you are no longer eligible to volunteer for that position.
  • When your allocated hours for the term are used up, you cannot work unless the department is willing to pay you out of their own funds.



Work-Study Supervisor