Academic Coaching & College Skills
NEW! We've made it easier to get to TutorTrac through Single Sign On! Log in with your Student ID, and look for the TutorTrac: Learning Center tile. If you are new to TutorTrac, see our directions at How to Make an Appointment in TutorTrac (webpage)
- Study Skills Workshops available for Fall 2021 term! See our schedule and sign up page.
- Sign up for College Digital Skills Workshops for Moodle, Google Suite, MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
We offer support to students who wish to gain and refine skills in:
- time management and organization
- test preparation
- reading strategies
- study strategies
- how to be a successful student online
- metacognitive approaches to learning
- understanding college systems
- resource referral
- using college software such as Microsoft 365 and Google Suite
Who do you work with?
All students enrolled at LBCC can take advantage of Academic Coaching.
How can I sign up for coaching?
You can sign up for appointments by contacting us or on your own through TutorTrac, the Learning Center's appointment scheduling system - now available though My LB Single Sign On. We are under "Academic Coaching."
We offer appointments in 40 minute blocks. Students typically spend between 30 and 40 minutes with their coach. Appointments are available throughout the week; if you can't find an appointment time that fits your schedule, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Why should I use Academic Coaching?
We focus on your strengths and priorities to help you reach your goals with insider college knowledge, so you can succeed by working smarter, not harder. We work with you to develop an individualized plan to build your academic skills to serve you at LBCC and beyond.