Academic Coaching & College Skills
We offer support to students who wish to gain and refine skills in:
- time management and organization
- test preparation
- reading strategies
- study strategies
- how to be a successful student online
- metacognitive approaches to learning
- understanding college systems
- resource referral
- using college software such as Microsoft 365 and Google Suite
Who do you work with?
All students enrolled at LBCC can take advantage of Academic Coaching.
- Study Skills Workshops available for the term! See our schedule and sign up page.
- Sign up for College Digital Skills Workshops for Moodle, Google Suite, MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
NEW! Academic Coaching appointments can be booked in Aviso!
- Log in to MyLB Single Sign On with your student ID and password. Open Aviso.
- Go to the "Meetings" tab.
- Choose "Academic Coaching" for the location.
- "Know who you want to meet with?" - select the name of the coach if you have a preference, or leave blank.
- Under "What would you like to discuss?" select "Academic Coaching (Virtual)" or "Academic Coaching (In-person: Albany)", depending on your preferences.
- In the "What's on your mind" box, provide some information about what you'd like to work on. Select "Next".
- Choose the "40-50 minutes" appointment time.
- After you click Save, you will receive a Google calendar invitation. The academic coach you’re meeting with will also send you an email with more information about your appointment. Please make sure to check your LBCC student email!
How can I sign up for coaching?
We offer appointments in 40 minute blocks. Students typically spend between 30 and 40 minutes with their coach. Appointments are available throughout the week; if you can't find an appointment time that fits your schedule, please contact us.
Why should I use Academic Coaching?
We focus on your strengths and priorities to help you reach your goals with insider college knowledge, so you can succeed by working smarter, not harder. We work with you to develop an individualized plan to build your academic skills to serve you at LBCC and beyond.