International students are required to have medical insurance per LBCC insurance policy. Students must purchase health insurance coverage through the specified college health insurance plan.
LBCC student health insurance is offered through GeoBlue International Student Insurance Group.
Coverage: The health insurance plan covers students in the event of illness or injury only. The insurance plan also covers the repatriation and medical evacuation.
GeoBlue also offers students Global Wellness Assist general mental health support, available in multiple languages. Students are provided up to 6 appointments per year, per issue, at no additional cost.
Not Covered: The insurance plan does not cover travel insurance, routine physical exams, routine tests and vaccinations, or regular eye and dental care. You are encouraged to plan for your routine physicals, eye appointments, and dental work with your home physicians.
GeoBlue's website can help you with the following:
- Enrolling in the plan
- Accessing your medical ID card
- Find a doctor or medical clinic for treatment
- Access to counseling through Global Wellness Assist (offered in several languages)
- Translation of medications and medical terms (offered in several languages)
- Submitting claim forms
To find a doctor that is in-network and covered under the plan:
- Use the online search tool and enter the prefix "QHS"
- Contact GeoBlue directly for help with finding in-network providers by calling the number on the back of their insurance ID card.
Enrollment is required before the start of each term. Please check your student email for steps to enroll and purchase insurance.
Payment is due for the academic year, from the start term through summer term of the current year. If a student leaves school early, a refund for any remaining terms can be requested. Students must notify International Programs to request this.
NOTE: You are not required to purchase the LBCC health insurance plan if you fall under one of the following situations but will need to complete the LBCC Insurance Waiver for approval:
- You provide a letter from your home government stating that your government will provide insurance, including coverage for repatriation and medical evacuation.
- You are a co-enrolled student at OSU and have international student health insurance at OSU. You must provide a copy of your bill from your student account, showing that you have been charged for insurance.
- You are currently on OPT and have employer-provided insurance.
- Privately purchased insurance or enrollment in the Oregon Health Plan insurance is not accepted.