Thursday, June 11, 2020, 7 p.m.
Linn County Fair & Expo Center
Willamette Event Hall, 3700 Knox Butte Rd. NE, Albany
Commencement Ceremony Participation
You may participate in the ceremony at the end of your academic year of completion (Dental students who will be graduating at the end of the Summer term may participate in the prior Spring ceremony). If you are within 15 credits of completion and will complete Summer Term, you can participate in the Spring ceremony with a special request. Other exceptions are reviewed by the Registrar on a case by case basis.
PLEASE NOTE BAG RESTRICTIONS FOR CEREMONY:
Linn-Benton Community College Commencement No Bag Policy
For the safety and security of all attendees, please be aware that ALL BAGS AND PURSES ARE PROHIBITED from the Linn County Fair Grounds. Diaper bag contents can be brought in a clear zip lock bag.
Linn-Benton Community College reserves the right to prohibit any item from being carried into the auditorium.
- Backpacks, Purses, fanny packs and diaper bags
- Containers of any kind (including thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, & flasks)
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Animals (except service animals for disability support)
- Flags with flagpoles
- Alcoholic beverages, non-prescription drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- Apparel and/or signage displaying profane or abusive language
- Utility tools
- Cameras with a lens longer than 6 inches. Camera bags not allowed.
- Noisemakers (including but not limited to whistles, air horns, boom boxes, bullhorns, kazoos, sirens, thunder sticks, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Video cameras, tripods, and selfie sticks
- Pepper Spray
- Projectiles and other potentially dangerous objects
- Laser pointers
- Medically Needed Items (i.e. insulin pumps, oxygen equipment)
- Compact umbrellas
- Cellphones and pagers
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl that do not exceed 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches; one gallon resealable plastic storage bags; and small clutch bags no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches (wallet size). Bag contents will be checked at the entrance.
- Each person is permitted one (1) clear plastic bag and one (1) small clutch per the size restrictions outlined above. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items but is subject to search.
- Note: Strollers are not permitted inside the event hall, but may be left in the lobby area. All diaper bag items need to be in a clear plastic bag.
- Note: Persons not complying with the bag policy will be turned away from the event venue.
Questions about the Linn-Benton Community College Commencement No Bag Policy may be directed to the LBCC Public Safety office.
General Commencement Ceremony Information
- Graduates will be allowed entry starting at 5:30 p.m. All doors will be closed prior to this time.
- Graduates must arrive for check-in by no later than 6:30 p.m. Check-in is at the Santiam building, located behind the Willamette Event Hall.
- Instructions for graduates will be given at 6:30 p.m.
- Graduates will be lined up at 6:45 p.m.
- Family and friends do not need tickets to this year’s commencement ceremony.
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Special accommodations and wheelchair seating are available by reservation for elderly guests or those with disabilities. Please contact LBCC Office of Disabilities Services, 917-4789, no later than 72 hours before graduation to ensure enough space is reserved at the commencement ceremony.
- For information on lodging and dining, consult the Albany Visitors Association.
Safety & Security
- Doors open at 6 p.m. Event guests are encouraged to arrive early and allow additional time for parking and to be seated.
- Baby/child strollers are not allowed in the seating area due to safety and space restrictions.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Linn Co. Fair & Expo buildings.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
First Aid Assistance: A First Aid Station is located in the main hall near the restrooms.
- Bottled water and flowers will be available for purchase in the lobby.
NOTE: Parking may exceed capacity. Participants, staff and guests are being asked to carpool when possible. Additional disabled parking will be on the back west side of the Willamette Event Center Exhibit Hall in the exhibitor/vendor parking area. Overflow parking will be available at Timber Linn Park with shuttle service to the Willamette Center provided by the Albany trolley.
Linn County Fair & Expo; Willamette Center, 3700 Knox Butte Rd. NE, Albany
Thursday, June 11, 2020
6:45 p.m. Line up
7:00 p.m. Commencement Ceremony begins
Regalia: If you do not own your regalia, it will be rented for you. Please contact Jane Tillman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking: LBCC employees are asked to park behind the buildings to allow more parking for students and their families (see map pdf). Thanks for your thoughtfulness!
Marshals are TBD.Marching order and process
- Bagpipers lead into Willamette Hall.
- Platform guests follow.
- Faculty will follow platform guests into Willamette Hall.
- Make sure lines are balanced before entering the hall.
- Walk outside of Faculty chairs. Leave one chair for Marshal at front.
- Step in front of your chair and face student chairs to watch students walk in.
- During Pledge of Allegiance males remove mortar board and hold over heart.
- Stand whenever students are instructed to stand, if able.
- Sit before individual names are called to receive certificates, diplomas and degrees.
- Stand when students are instructed to stand to turn their tassels, if able.
- Bagpipers will enter playing and line up in front.
- Bagpipers lead students out of the gym.
- Faculty immediately follow students.
- Platform guests follow faculty.
- Return your caps and gowns to Willamette Hall Conference Rm. 3.
- Seating is available on a first come, first served basis. There will be a variety of accessible seating spaces spread throughout the facility. It is suggested that you arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of graduation.
- Allow extra time to park and for LBCC ushers to direct you to a seat.
- Sign language interpreters will be interpreting for students and guests with hearing impairments.
- Parking: Accessible parking is reserved behind the Willamette Hall at the Linn County Fairgrounds with easier access to the Commencement.
- Map of parking at fairgrounds (pdf)
- If you have additional questions, please call or e-mail the Center for Accessibility Resources at (541) 917-4789 or email@example.com.
General Commencement Ceremony Information for Volunteers
Linn County Fair & Expo, 3700 Knox Butte Rd. NE, Albany
Thursday, June 11, 2020
7 p.m. Commencement ceremony begins
Many volunteers are needed to serve as ushers and provide assistance to the public during Commencement! Commencement volunteers provide an important service and play an important role. Among the tasks assigned to volunteers are:
- Check in participating graduates
- Provide directions and programs
- Assist family and friends of graduates to find seating
- Assist those with special needs.
Please contact Commencement Coordinator Tammi Drury at Tammi.firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
All ushers will receive confirmation and detailed instruction prior to Commencement.
Volunteer and usher activities include:
- Check in, briefing – 5:30 and 6 p.m.
- Graduate check-in – 6 p.m.
- Doors open to guests – 6 p.m.
- Commencement ceremony begins – 7 p.m.
- Ceremony concludes - 8:30 p.m.
Thank you for your help with Commencement and for making LBCC a special place!
Commencement Program Listing
Names of students who will complete by the end of Spring Term will be printed in the program, as will the names of Dental students who will be finished at the end of Summer Term.
Doors will open for general seating at 6 p.m. (no strollers allowed due to safety and space restrictions). No tickets needed to attend ceremony
NOTE: Parking may exceed capacity. Please car pool when possible. Additional disabled parking will be on the back west side of the Willamette Event Center Exhibit Hall in the exhibitor/vendor parking area. Overflow parking will be available at Timber Linn Park with shuttle service to the Willamette Event Center provided by the Albany trolley.
NOTE: LBCC works with Grad Images to provide professional photography, announcements, flyers
Learn more at Grad Images: www.gradimages.com