Announcement: All Professional Activities funding for the year has been requested and/or distributed. You are welcome to apply for events that take place from July 1, 2019 onward.
Professional Development is defined as “advancing personal and professional growth,”
including seeking to earn or finish degrees, certificates & training. Classified Professional
Development Funds are available to classified employees who have completed their new-hire
trial period(6 months). This benefit provides classified employees the opportunity
to gain additional education, training and experiences to enhance their career potential
and personal growth.
Some examples of professional development activities include: workshops, seminars, conferences, educational coursework or activities. Professional development requests that involve the employee’s use of work time require employee supervisor approval. Such requests shall not be unreasonably denied.
To apply, fill out the Professional Development Application. Once approved and after completing the event, apply for reimbursement by submitting the Travel Voucher for the year the event occurred during to Amber Vore.
The application must be completed in it’s entirety and required information attached.
Neither cash advances nor personal reimbursement will be made prior to the completion
of the activity. Receipts must be provided for all reimbursable costs except food.
Receipts must be submitted within six weeks following the activity, but not later than June 30 in order to receive reimbursement.
Submitting the form:
- The Professional Development Grant Application MUST be submitted prior to the start of the activity and before the first working day of the month at 4 p.m. The committee will consider amendments to applications if received prior to the activity.
- The committee will normally meet within the first 10 working days of the month, and applicants will be notified by e-mail shortly thereafter. If the activity occurs prior to the committee meeting and the committee denies the request, the employee/department will be responsible for all expenses.
Filling out the form:
- *Personal and/or department contributions are required to compose a minimum of 10% of the total cost of the activity. The only exception is registration & tuition for classes.
- Travel miles are calculated from the closest location, (LBCC or your home address) to PDX/Eugene
Airport or the activity.
- Compute number of miles using odometer reading or a mileage chart/calculator.
- If requesting mileage reimbursement, turn in a completed Driver Status Report Form to the Campus Public Safety Office, RCH-119, prior to requesting reimbursement.
- Include receipts for forms of transportation other than mileage. If you are estimating cost, please make note under “Additional Comments."
- Meals are reimbursed at the Per Diem rate or the actual cost up to the per diem amount.
- When claiming the actual cost, the receipt must include the name and location of the restaurant, the number of people served, and the date and amount of expense. Alcoholic drinks are not reimbursable.
- Per diem (Meals and Incidental Expenses (M&IE) is reimbursable by travel location. The daily per diem rate is reimbursable at 75% on the first and last day of travel and should be reduced by 25% for each meal provided by an event. Meals without an overnight stay are not reimbursable unless they are associated with college business (see AR 5115-01). To determine which per diem rate applies for your primary destination,see the GSA webpage.
- Lodging should be paid by LBCC procurement card.*Itemized receipts are required.
- Report only room price and taxes.
- Lodging is covered up to the locality rate established by the US General Service Administration plus applicable taxes; the only exceptions are for lodging at conference/convention hotels, which may exceed the GSA rate. For destination lodging per diem rates, see the GSA webpage.
- Tuition for approved course work will be reimbursed at actual cost to the classified member,
to a maximum of $1000 per year.
- 10% contribution is not required. Books, tapes and other materials are not covered.
- Tuition reimbursement will take place after completion of the course and a copy of the passing grade is submitted to Amber Vore, CC102-B.