Bargaining unit members may choose to use professional development funds for activities that may include workshops, seminars, conferences, travel, additional educational course work, research or projects, work experience programs, or any other such form of professional development activity which is related to the member's instructional area and/or which would be of direct benefit to the educational program and the quality of instruction for which the member is or will be responsible.



  • Activity is related to teaching methodology and/or related to subject area being taught.
  • Part-time faculty member teaching 3 or more credits.
  • Application is received prior to the activity.
  • Preference will be given to in-state training/activities.




  • Applications are considered on a "first-come, first-served" basis, with the guideline that half of the allocated professional development fund will be awarded July through December, and the balance of the fund awarded January through June.
  • Registration, meals, travel, lodging, and tuition are eligible for funding from Professional Development. Receipts must be provided for all reimbursable costs, except meals, which will be reimbursed up to per diem rates.
  • Neither cash advances nor personal reimbursement will be made prior to the completion of the activity. 
  • There is a $400 limit per bargaining unit member per fiscal year, July 1 - June 30. A bargaining unit member is given no guarantee of this yearly amount.




  • Part-Time Faculty Professional Development Application. Applications must be received prior to the activity. All applications received by 5:00 p.m. the first working day of the month will be considered for approval that month. Partially completed applications will be returned without consideration by the committee.
  • Required
         1. Completed Non-contract Faculty Professional Development Grant Application.
         2. Documentation to verify activity costs, e.g., registration/tuition form, air fare, meals, lodging, etc. 
         3. Documentation describing the schedule and educational content of the activity.
  • Applicant should keep a copy of the application and supporting documents for reference.
  • If you are requesting mileage, you must turn in a completed Driver Status Report Form to Public Safety, RCH-119. Reimbursements for use of private cars or rental cars cannot be processed without this form on file. The Driver Status Report Form must be filed annually.
  • If the committee denies the grant application, the applicant will be responsible for any costs of attending the activity.




  • IMPORTANT: To receive your grant award, submit a Travel Voucher for the year you attended the event with receipts attached to Amber Vore, CC-102 B, within six weeks following your activity. For activities in May and June, documents must be submitted prior to June 30.
  • Failure to submit your receipts for reimbursement by the deadline will result in your encumbered award being returned to the Non-Contracted Faculty Professional Development fund for redistribution to other bargaining unit members.
  • For costs you may be requesting from your instructional department, separate receipts will be required.
  • Within two weeks following your activity, complete a Post-Activity Summary and share with your supervisor.