Emergency Plans, Teams, Services
Background: Fire spreads rapidly, smoke does more harm to people than flame; it reduces visibility - DO NOT WAIT - ACT QUICKLY!
- When fire is seen, evacuate that room/area immediately,
- Close the door to that room,
- Pull the Fire Alarm and send someone to call 911,
- If the flames are less than 12 inches high - consider using the fire extinguisher if you are trained and have an escape route,
- Evacuate the entire building (see Evacuation Plan) - take coats, keys, cell phones, and backpacks if safe to do so,
- Assist people who need help,
- Move to a safe location, designate someone to direct emergency response vehicles,
- Help EMS determine if all people are out of the building,
- If trapped inside, stay low, close doors, call 911, and show yourself at a window(s).