Recycling & Sustainability
We receive many questions about recycling and appreciate your concern for our planet and its natural resources. The list below gives some information about what's recyclable and what's not, as well as the categories our recycled items fit in.
If you're still not sure what to do with an item in your area, please call the Facilities Office at extension 4720.
See below for more information about recycling on campus and other 'green' projects.
Office Paper Recycle:
- White Paper ONLY (Whole sheets or shredded)
- Computer or copy paper
- White or light pastel colored paper
- Index cards
- Staples & paper clips are OK
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Motor oil and other hazardous materials
- Shipping pallets
- Scrap metal
- Surplus furniture
- Confidential paper can be recycled upon request
Mixed Items that can be Recycled Together:
- Magazines, Junk mail
- Plastic, Tin, Aluminum
- Pop Cans, Foil
- Phone books
- Bright or dark colored paper
- Colored (Whole sheets or shredded)
- Wrappers from copy machine paper reams
- Glued binding (books)
- Rubber bands, coffee cups, candy wrappers, paper towels
- Sticky-back labels
Recycling on Campus
- Paper and mixed through Alied Waste.
- Used and surplus furniture through OSU Auction.
- Used batteries through Battery X-Change of Albany.
- Scrap metal through Burcham's.