Part-Time Faculty Association
The more faces they see, the less invisible we are.
- Miranda Dudzik, PTFA President 2016-2019
Councils/Committees with PTFA representation
Our representation on college councils and committees gives part-time faculty a voice in governing LBCC (see Governance Structure).
Goal: Assess the extent to which we have achieved and/or are making progress toward the achievement of our mission and strategic goals.
Goal: Help students achieve their educational goals by progressing smoothly through LBCC.
Goal: To enhance the economic vitality of our communities by ensuring the College is alert and responsive to emerging workforce needs.
Goal: To track core theme indicators, shepherd strategic initiative requests for faculty members who want to use innovation in the classroom.
Goal: To provide a clear and sustained focus on the on-going administrative activities of the College, providing the President with advice, consultation, and recommendation in the application and pursuit of institutional goals and purposes, especially but not exclusively in the review, revision and/or development of Board Policy and Administrative Rules. To provide an avenue by which information and ideas regarding the administration of the College can be both collected and disseminated, and a forum where these can be discussed. To review and provide feedback on the “Budget and Performance Package Conversation” document before presentation and review with the Board, and to provide similar review for other documents.
Goal: To assist with instructional leadership at LBCC, Academic Affairs Council (AAC) by leading the college in determining instructional priorities and practices, helping individuals or groups determine the appropriate venue for addressing issues that affect instruction, faculty, and students and by making recommendations to appropriate individual(s)/group(s) regarding major college-wide instructional issues, policies, procedures, and practices.
Goal: Discussing issues concerning the faculty, i.e. the academic calendar, faculty handbook, and other college representation.
Serving on Councils
- Councilors are paid for their meeting and retreat time; they need to submit a time-sheet to the council coordinator.
- They represent and need to communicate Part-Time Faculty Association's position in the meetings.
- They need to report information to Vice President of Membership about the discussion/decisions at the meetings, as well as any topics for future meetings relevant to the interests of the Part-Time Faculty and the Association. (Most councils will send out an agenda at least a week before the meeting).
- They do not need a substitute if they are missing one or two meetings; if they miss more than two meetings, they need to look for replacement (the Vice President of Membership can help) and the replacement will get paid.
- Anyone can attend most meetings as an onlooker without being paid.
If you are interested in serving please contact us at email@example.com