Since Fall 2015, the Textbook Affordability Steering Committee has worked to reduce textbook costs to be more affordable to students by developing institutional best practice recommendations.
- By Fall 2019, save the students $5 million. We came very close to meeting this ambitious goal! We exceeded the $5 million mark by $377,462 in Winter 2020.
- By 2020, an AAOT Affordable Textbook Track; a program map that could be met with classes that all have course materials under $40. We are one class away from achieving this.
- Increase the number of fulltime faculty who have tried OER from 36% to 51% by June 2019. Goal met! 52% of fulltime faculty have tried OER as of June 2019.
- 70+ grants awarded to implement high-impact projects in support of open education and reduced textbook costs for students.
- Affordable Textbook Selection Guidelines (adopted by the Academic Affairs Council 5/23/17)
- Average cost of course materials declined across LBCC's transfer degrees (AAOT, AS, and ASOT-BUS) between 2017 and 2019 (data from Open Oregon).
For more information, contact Michaela Willi Hooper at x4660