This document is intended to help Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) contribute to the health and safety of the campus community during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, to align with the Oregon Governor’s requirements of the COVID-19 risk level health and safety precautions, and consistent with guidance from the Oregon Health Authority (“OHA”), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education (IHE), and the, and to comply with OAR 333-019-1025. The intent is to provide inclusive, equitable, and general guidance for the development of specific college directives, and be flexible enough to accommodate to the continued changes in circumstances, laws, regulations, executive orders, and the advice of public health experts.
Employees, students, contractors, volunteers, and visitors on LBCC-owned or controlled property or engaging in campus activities while interacting in-person with others outside of their household, will be expected to:
- Use of face coverings when in indoor spaces, as defined by OHA and outdoor settings where physical distancing is not possible, unless an exception is met. Temporary Administrative Rule 5095-07: Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 Use of Face Coverings.
- When possible, unvaccinated individuals are recommended to engage in physical distancing of at least six (6) feet in accordance with the college’s Temporary Administrative Rule 5095-06: Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 Physical Distancing
- Aid in contact tracing by notifying your supervisor when you are on campus and taking roll in face to face classes.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus and remain at home if symptomatic, ill, or exposed by close contact if unvaccinated.
- Prioritize personal hygiene by washing hands frequently, covering coughs and sneezes, and avoiding face touching and handshaking and by sanitizing your personal work space.
- Quarantine or isolate should follow the recommendations of health care provider or local health authority. If there are any further questions contact Vice President of Finance and Operations.
- Notify Vice President of Finance and Operations or Director of Human Resources if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or if you know of a student that has tested positive for COVID-19. LBCC is required to notify local public health authorities when employees and student test positive for COVID. Per OSHA’s notification process the individual’s identity will be confidential.
LBCC’s Coronavirus Response Coordinators will be the Director of Human Resources and the Vice President of Finance and Operations, or their designees. LBCC community members (students, staff, and guests) are expected to take personal responsibility to ensure the greatest public health and safety for themselves and others.