LBCC is committed to serving students remotely while our physical locations are temporarily closed to the public. This means we have temporarily closed all LBCC testing centers at our Albany, Lebanon, Sweet Home and Corvallis campuses. This includes all onsite placement assessment, challenge exams, CLEP, Pearson VUE (GED) and public proctoring services.
Students wishing to register for Summer and Fall are encouraged to complete their application for admissions to LBCC now. Once your application is received, students will receive email communication that will guide them to a temporary online placement assessment. All in person testing services will resume once the college is open to the public again.
Staff are still available to assist with questions. Someone will reply to your email within 24-48 hours after receiving it.
The Sweet Home Campus has the following services available for Students/Community or LBCC Faculty:
Services for Students and Community
New students may need to take a placement assessment to determine what level of math and writing classes to register for. The assessment is not pass or fail - instead, the goal is to determine current skill levels in order to ensure success at LBCC. Preparing for the assessment is important - the higher placement, the fewer classes needed, which means more time and money saved!
CS 120 Digital Literacy Waiver Test
Passing the CS 120 waiver test allows students to bypass the CS 120 class.
To pass the CS 120 Digital Literacy waiver test, students should be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc.), computer terminology, basic computer hardware/software systems, computer components and their functions. The exam is 90 minutes and consists of 60 multiple choice.
Only one attempt is allowed (no retests). A score of 42 (70%) or higher is a pass.
There is a $10 fee and the fee can be paid at the front counter.
These tests are walk in on the Sweet Home campus. Check the available testing hours.
Proctored Make-Up and Accommodation Testing for LBCC ClassesSweet Home Center provides testing services for LBCC students that are unable to take a test during their regularly scheduled test session.
To take a make-up test at the Sweet Home Center:
- Know the class (i.e. Biology 101, Engineering 213)
- Know the instructors first and last name
- Know the testing hours. Tests must be finished 15 minutes before closing time.
- Photo ID is required to test. Copies or pictures of ID are not accepted.
- Only approved items are allowed in the testing room. Cell phones are not allowed.
Lockers are available for use.
- Children are not allowed in testing rooms
Computerized tests: Appointments are required for all exams that need a computer. Without an appointment we cannot guarantee a computer will be available.
*Tests must be finished 15 minutes before closing.
Regular Testing Hours:
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Hours differ during Winter break, Spring break and Summer
FORMS: (Placement Proctor Request, Placement Scores Release)
- Students living 50 miles or more from any LBCC campus may be able to have the placement
test proctored. Complete the Placement Test Proctor Request. After submitting the form, an e-mail will be sent to the email provided by the student
with information on scheduling the test.
Note: The general admissions application must be completed before the test can be proctored.
- To release LBCC placement scores to another school or agency complete the Release of Placement Scores
- Students living 50 miles or more from any LBCC campus may be able to have the placement test proctored. Complete the Placement Test Proctor Request. After submitting the form, an e-mail will be sent to the email provided by the student with information on scheduling the test.
Services for LBCC Faculty
Proctored Make-Up and Accommodation Testing for LBCC Faculty
Sweet Home Center provides testing services for LBCC students that are unable to take a test during their regularly scheduled test session.
- Thoroughly fill out and attach the Sweet Home Center Testing Form to your test(s) or upload instructions and tests to https://tinyurl.com/shtestingform
- Include names of students on the form (or you can attach a class list) so we can verify with photo ID the correct student is testing.
- Include instructor name and course name on each test.
- Do not bring "master" copies. Attach enough copies of the test for the students testing. The Testing Center can make copies only if you upload your tests.
- Indicate which aids are allowed or needed during testing. Items not listed will not be allowed.
- The Testing Center does not provide scantrons or blue books.
- The Testing Center does not time test. We will time stamp the test and the student will keep their own time.
- Deliver your tests to the front desk or upload the test to https://tinyurl.com/
- Photo ID will be required to pick up tests. If you are not the one who will pick up the tests, list the person(s) on the form who are authorized by you to do so.
- We do not test entire classes, including online classes.
- We will not send tests back through campus mail.
If you have any questions, contact Sweet Home Center Testing (541) 367-6901.