Bring this with you!
When you're coming to the U.S. to study for a few years, it can be hard to know what to pack. The top five items international students tell us they bring to the U.S. are below.
- Laptop computer
- Rain jacket or coat
- Camera (Your phone might have a great camera.)
- Electronic translator to use for your classes.
- Cultural items that represent your home country and life back home
For more packing tips, check out this guide from your international ambassadors.
Plan ahead! Do this before you arrive!
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months ahead.
- Arrange for housing or a place to stay.
- Make sure you will arrive in the US in time for orientation. If you are unable to attend orientation, you may need to defer your attendance for one term.
- Arrange travel from the airport (see below).
- Email LBCC's International Programs about your travel plans.
- Organize your finances. Plan to travel with less cash and decide where you will withdraw funds to support your stay.
- Read about what Customs & Border Protection will allow you to bring with you to the United States. Also, check out the Don't Pack a Pest campaign for easy viewing of what you can pack!
Traveling from the airport:
When booking your ticket, you will want to book a ticket to either Portland (PDX) or Eugene (EUG). Portland is the nearest port of entry for international travelers. Once you arrive, you'll want to take a shuttle or bus to Albany or Corvallis.
If questions arise, contact the International Programs Office by emailing InternationalAdmissions@linnbenton.edu.