The Degree Partnership Program (DPP) promotes educational attainment and bachelor's degree completion by allowing students to be jointly admitted and concurrently enrolled at Linn-Benton Community College and one of our four-year university partner schools. Students complete a single admission application and may combine credits for financial aid eligibility. Previously referred to as the "Dual Enrollment Program", DPP was established in 1998 by Oregon State University and Linn-Benton Community College. Currently LBCC partners with Oregon State University, Oregon Tech, and newly added partner school - Western Oregon University.
DPP PROGRAM GOALS:
- Improve student access, success, and baccalaureate degree completion.
- Expand student options for college-level services and curriculum. Improve academic program articulation.
- Facilitate university/community college dual enrollment.
ADVANTAGES FOR STUDENTS:
- One application process and fee for admission to both institutions.
(Note: Graduate students are not eligible for DPP)
- Financial aid administered by one campus.
- Academic advising available on both campuses.
- Tuition savings for students.
- Greater access to more classes and flexibility in scheduling
- Student services and college life on both campuses.
- Access to library and computer resources on both campuses.
- Easier transition from community college to university.
- Improved academic program articulation and course transfer
Make the most of your student experience by taking advantage of resources on both campuses.
Here is a link to OSU's Degree Partnership FAQ's that are full of information.
Here is a link to a short video that is a good overview of the program. This video is geared toward Degree Partnership with OSU, but it does give a good
idea of how the program works regardless of partner school.
Click below for some promotional material for DPP.
Linn-Benton Community College
Phone: (541) 917-4237
Partnerships Office is located at LBCC's Albany campus (MKH-111)
Oregon State University
Rick DeBellis, OSU Associate Director of Enrollment Management
Phone: (541) 737-2790
Jose Ceja Garibay, Transfer Student Services Manager
Phone: (541) 737-2562
Western Oregon University
Dr. Kristin Mauro, Director of Transfer Pathways
Phone: (503) 838-8732