Applying for Professional Development Funds:
Conferences, Seminars, & Graduate Course Work (FT Faculty)
- Select a conference, seminar, or course related to your work at LBCC.
- Fill in the Faculty Professional Development Application. Include the following documentation as applicable:
- Reservations (hotel, car rental etc.)
- Airline reservations OR documentation of flight rates (if you haven’t purchased tickets yet)
- Conference program/advertisement including cost and content of the activity
- Course description and cost
When is my application due?
Applications must arrive to Amber Vore before the activity begins.
When will I know if I got the grant?
The professional development committee meets once a month; day varies. To be sure your application is considered, it must arrive by the first day of the month. In other words, if you need a decision on your grant by May 1st, the latest you could submit it and be guaranteed a timely answer would be April 1st.
While You’re There
- Save receipts (hotel, airline, parking etc.). You do not need to save receipts from food if claiming per diem.
When You Get Back
- Fill out the Travel Voucher for the appropriate year. All expenses (hotel, air, parking, food per diem) go on this form.
- Attach your receipts.
- Deliver Travel Voucher and receipts to Amber Vore in CC 102 B within six weeks of your return. NOTE: May & June forms/receipts must arrive by June 30th.
- Fill out the Faculty Professional Development Post-Activity Summary and give it to your supervisor.
For more detailed information on professional development, including information on self-directed activities and professional development leave of absence, go here.