Applying for Professional Development Funds:
Conferences, Seminars, & Graduate Course Work (FT Faculty)
Before You Go
- 1. Select a conference, seminar, or course related to your work at LBCC.
- Fill in the Faculty Professional Development Application 2017
- Instructions for filling out the form are here.
- Reservations (hotel, car rental etc.)
- Airline reservations OR documentation of flight rates (if you haven’t purchased tickets yet)
- Conference program/advertisement including cost and content of the activity
- Course description and cost
- Printouts from websites are fine. Please print instead of including a link.
When is my application due?
Applications must arrive before the activity begins.
When will I know if I got the grant?
The professional development committee meets once a month. Days vary. To be sure your application is considered it must arrive by the first of the month. In other words, if you needed a decision on your grant by May 1st, the latest you could submit it and be guaranteed a timely answer would be April 1st.
While You’re There
- Save receipts (hotel, airline, parking etc.). You do not need to save receipts from food.
When You Get Back
- Fill out the Business Travel Expense Reimbursement form. All expenses (hotel, air, parking, food per diem etc.) go on this form.
- Attach your receipts.
- Deliver Business Travel Expense Reimbursement form and receipts to Amber Vore in CC 102 B within six weeks of your return. NOTE: May & June forms/receipts must arrive by June 30th.
- Fill out the Faculty Professional Development Post-Activity Summary and give it to your supervisor.
For more detailed information on professional development, including information on self-directed activities and professional development leave of absence, go here.