Current Strategic Objectives can be found at linnbenton.edu/strategic-objectives.
College and President’s Strategic Objectives 2015 – 2016
- Instill college-wide ownership and responsibility for LBCC Goals attainment (MERIT
and Ann and Greg)
- Employ MERIT Mission Themes and Objectives to “flesh out” Mission and Goals and to help faculty and staff see their particular roles in their attainment.
- Revise and improve both program review and institutional metrics to document and track attainment of institutional and strategic goals.
- Develop and implement Human Resources practices that address Mission and Goals with applicants and orient new employees to our strategies for their attainment.
- Develop and/or modify existing policies and practices so that they represent intentional
actions to build a culture that exhibits our Goals and Values (Values, Inclusion,
and Cultural Engagement Council, Javier, Bruce, and Scott)
- Develop and implement faculty and staff recruiting and hiring practices that intentionally advance our Goals and Values
- Provide more resources for faculty and staff, including Professional Development training to do cultural training.
- Develop polices and resources for preventing and resolving workplace conflicts
- Develop polices and resources for employees to improve their ability to interact with others whose values, opinions, and/or beliefs differ from their own.
- Continue assessment with a focus on Cultural Literacy.
- Combine the DCE and Values Committees into a single Council with a clearer and more formalized “charge,” focusing on LBCC Core Values and an increased appreciation of and capacity for Civil Engagement with one another
- Make the “Student Success Pathway” work for our students (Progression and Bruce)
- Engage in AACC “Next Big Thing” Initiative – creating guided pathways for student progression
- Improve Fall to Fall retention of students
- Work with K-12 Partnerships so that all “traditional” incoming students already have identified academic goals, a detailed 2-3 year academic plan for achieving them, and are academically prepared to pursue them
- Make certain that our Course Schedules accommodate the academic plans of our students
- Make significant progress on the design and/or construction on all four capital projects
to be funded by the November Bond Ballot Measure, and complete an associated Facilities
Master Plan (Cap Con Advisory Committee and Dave)
- Complete Facilities Master Plan
- Manage Cap Con Projects (on time and in budget)
- More fully implement and make more effective and efficient use of the technology we
currently own. (Technology Innovation Council and Michael)
- Implement and utilize Banner modules that can help make college operations more efficient.
- Eliminate unnecessary customization of Banner modules, reducing the staff time and reliance on obsolete technology necessary to maintain them.
- Begin project planning, faculty consultation and resource gathering for a web based student planning and advising tool. (DegreeWorks)
- Implement web-based student support services and resources.
- Implement an identity management system as the core of the individualized, single point of entry pathways (portals)
- Develop and implement a Coherent Financial Resource Strategy (Resources Council and
Dave and Greg)
- Intentional Tuition Policy (revisit indexing policy with Board)
- Address/Develop Strategy for adapting “Free Tuition” Initiatives
- Expanded Foundation function in providing operational support for LBCC
- Coherent and transparent budget models for programs and activities (or their component parts) that generate financial resources (Auxiliary, Enterprise, Cost - Recovery)
- Coherent and comprehensive policies and practices for Grant applications and administration
- Work collaboratively with Faculty and Classified Associations to negotiate and act
collaboratively in accordance with Association Contracts that define our relationships
and our clarify our roles in a manner that helps us serve our Mission and achieve
our Goals (Scott and Ann)
- Negotiate PT Faculty Contract
- Current Faculty Contract; Appendix J – Convene a taskforce made up of faculty and managers to revise the Department Chair Points sheet.
- Expand and Update our Career-Technical programs in response to (and anticipation of)
local industry needs and a State focus on the "Middle 40" of 40-40-20 (Workforce and
- Develop and Implement comprehensive plan of CTE program development and continuous improvement (including HS partnerships, Contract Training, SBDC and SBM, CTE, new programs, and business partnerships)
- Complete ATTC and fully implement associated transportation and energy programs
- Initiate capacity and curricular expansion of Mechatronics, Welding, and Machine Tool programs
- Expand Health Occupations programs in response to changing health care delivery systems
- Respond to the changing needs of industry and community employers
- Complete an Information Technology strategic plan incorporating input from a broad range of campus stakeholders and meeting the need for accreditation requirements as well as tying information services future initiatives and projects with the college’s goals and objectives. (Technology Innovation Council and Michael)
- Complete Accreditation Self Study (MERIT and Ann)