If You Suspect or Know That a Student Has Cheated

We leave it to the discretion of the instructor to determine the consequences of academic dishonesty.  You may give an F on the assignment or in the course, for example.  Please feel free to ask your department chair or Dean for advice on specific situations.  You should report the incident both to your Dean and to the Assoc. Dean of Student Development (x4848).

If a student wishes to appeal your decision, he or she can write to the Dean of the division.  The Dean might then arrange a meeting to review the allegation and evidence, and will issue a decision about the grade within 30 days.  The process is detailed in the Student’s Rights and Responsibilities Handbook