Class Conduct

If a student is disrupting your class
  •          If a student is dangerous or in immediate danger, call 911 and campus safety (x411).  Err on the side of calling campus safety when in doubt!  Also see the section below on students in distress.
  •          Our “Students in Distress” guide discusses how to handle non-crisis-level student disruptions, such as persistent talking, interrupting, etc.  You may ask a disruptive student to leave your class, but you then need to document the incident (see the guide).

Students are discouraged from bringing their children to class, and you have the right to ask students who do so to leave the class.  In the very rare case that a student refuses to do so, contact your Dean (x4547).