RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 4010
TITLE: LBCC STUDENT ADVISING
This Administrative Rule commits to providing academic advising to all degree-seeking students and emphasizes the importance of having a consistent, comprehensive advising system at LBCC.
Academic advising is essential in a holistic approach to student success. High quality advising assists students in making effective use of learning opportunities, progressing through appropriate academic and career pathways, increasing retention and ultimately leading to completion of educational goals and degree obtainment.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE LBCC ADVISING SYSTEM
- Assisting students to achieve their academic and career goals shall be the prime motivating factor of the LBCC advising system.
- Each degree-seeking student shall have an assigned academic advisor.
- All students and pertinent staff members, including classified, faculty and management, have access to the LBCC Advising Policy so that each understands their role and responsibility regarding the advising system.
- The Academic Advising for Retention Group (made up of faculty, classified and management) will develop and maintain advising strategies, processes, policies, and be responsible for evaluation of the advising system.
- The college shall emphasize the importance of training and professional development by providing opportunities for development of skills related to the advising system.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 08/13/84
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 11/4/97
DATE OF LAST REVIEW
UNDER REVIEW: 5/5/16