Since Fall 2015, the Textbook Affordability Steering Committee has worked to reduce textbook costs to be more affordable to students by developing institutional best practice recommendations.
- By Fall 2019, save the students $5 million.
- By 2020, an AAOT Affordable Textbook Track; a program map that could be met with classes that all have course materials under $40.
- Increase the number of fulltime faculty who have tried OER from 36% to 51% by June 2019. Goal met! 52% of fulltime faculty have tried OER as of June 2019.
- 60 grants awarded to implement high-impact projects in support of open education and reduced textbook costs for students.
- Affordable Textbook Selection Guidelines (adopted by the Academic Affairs Council 5/23/17)
- Average Textbook Price (per unit, including OER and Direct Digital Access) decreased by nearly 40% between 2013/2014 and 2018/19: from $57.02 to $34.72.
For more information, contact Michaela Willi Hooper at x4660