The VICE Council serves Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) as the lead on assessing our college’s practices on the integration of cultural engagement and responsiveness throughout LBCC. VICE also focuses on issues of equity and inclusivity while examining and offering recommendations related to policy, practices, campus climate, college values, data collection, and evaluation mechanisms. VICE intends to find alignment and cohesion at an institutional level around our Cultural Richness core theme and strategic goal of Equity.
- Improve the college's integrity through alignment of values and actions.
- Lead the College in reaching the strategic goal of Equity and supporting the core theme of Cultural Richness and our college values.
- Leverage data to influence decision-making processes regarding diversity, our college values, and multiculturalism.
- Ensure the college is alert and responsive to the issues of equity, diversity, and cultural engagement.
- Increase cultural fluency amongst employees and students.
- Inform the college about current diversity initiatives and related community partnerships.
- Facilitate college-wide conversations and strategic planning about diversity issues.
Scope of Council:
- College mission and values
- Planning around strategic objective and core theme
- College climate
- State and local diversity partnerships
Core Theme — Cultural Richness:
One of LBCC’s main focuses is on providing an experience that produces culturally literate individuals capable of interacting, collaborating, and problem-solving in an ever-evolving community and diverse workforce. LBCC will provide opportunities to explore differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. This focus is embodied through our Diversity Commitment Statement.
Strategic Goal — Equity:
Ensure that completion is demographically representative of our district. Completion for all.
Diversity Commitment Statement:
Linn-Benton Community College recognizes and affirms difference and variety as integral to an inclusive representation of humanity and the educational community. To thrive as an academic institution, LBCC fosters a learning and working environment that encourages multiple perspectives and the free exchange of ideas. Linn-Benton Community College values diverse teaching and learning viewpoints among our faculty, staff, and students to promote academic excellence and a healthy work environment. LBCC expects all those who work, study, or teach at the college to be committed to the principles which are an essential part of our focus, goals, and mission.