Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the postponed Spring 2020 cohort of students has been moved to begin Fall 2021. Therefore, the next anticipated application period is scheduled to open in January 2022 for a new Spring 2022 cohort. The Spring 2022 program bulletin is scheduled to be posted to linnbenton.edu/bulletins in the coming months.
The Surgical Technologist program is a cohort that begins in either fall or spring term. Once admitted, the program will take three terms to complete. In order to apply, applicants must submit all noted documentation in the Program Bulletin. All qualified candidates will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to residents of Oregon for the first week that applications are open.
Application to this program is an online, two-step process. The first application step you complete reserves your spot in line for the program, while the second step (submission of supplemental materials) completes your application.
- WR 95 - College Writing Fundamentals
- MTH 98 - Foundations of Contemporary Math
If you're looking at this program before the application opens up, there is still a lot you can do to get prepared.
- Consider scheduling an appointment with our Academic Advisor, Lorraine Lara. She can be reached at (541) 917-4923.
- Complete the prerequisite courses (WR 95, MTH 98)
NOTE: Submitting proof of at least one (1) year of work experience from within the last five (5) years as a Sterile Processor or having other operating room experience (example: an OR Aide) in either an ambulatory surgery center or hospital setting may be used to meet the Math minimum application requirement.
- If you have taken the prerequisites before, have your official transcripts sent to LBCC's Admissions Office for consideration.
- If you think you are eligible for a Financial Aid award, file for FAFSA for the applicable year.
Questions? Call our Program Assistant at (541) 918-8907.
After you have received a letter of admission from the program, you will be required to complete a list of post-admission requirements due by the time of Program Orientation:
- Criminal background check
- Record release form
- Program deposit
- Required immunizations
- CPR certification
- Drug test