LBCC’s Automotive Technology program will train you to diagnose, repair, and maintain modern automobiles and light trucks using the latest diagnostic and undercar equipment. In cooperation with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, the National Coalition of Certification Centers, and Snap-on Corporation, we combine operational theory with hands-on activities. The classes are designed to prepare you to pass the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification tests and are conducted in modern, well-equipped classrooms and laboratories.
The automotive technology shop contains equipment for rebuilding and testing components such as engines and transmissions, a four-wheel computerized alignment rack, tune-up and computer control diagnostic equipment, 21 vehicle hoists, a chassis dynamometer, engine analyzers, and many specialized tools.
National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) Training Center
LBCC’s Automotive Technology program meets or exceeds NC3 standards, including:
- Direct input to educational standards for current and future workforce
- Direct input in the development of transitional skill sets for portable credentials
- Direct input in providing industry guidance and expertise in staff development and facility utilization for educational institutions
- Access to professional development activities for incumbent workforce
- Access to emerging and transitioning workforce
- Knowledge transfer through structured mentorship activities
- Direct exposure to emerging educational trends
- Raising the level of excellence for all within the industry. Technicians are trained, assessed and certified to industry standards.
- Boosting productivity in manufacturing
- Enabling research and development around emerging technologies