Careers & Salaries
If you enjoy challenges, cars, and working with your hands, Automotive Technology can be a rewarding career for you. Service technicians are employed by automotive dealerships, independent repair shops, auto and home supply stores, and gas and service stations. A few examples of job titles in this field include:
- Automotive Engineering Technician
- Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendant
- Automotive Specialty Technician
- Parts Salesperson
- First-line Supervisor of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Lube and Tire Technician
For detailed career and salary information, visit the LBCC Career Coach.
- Median Hourly Wage: $23.78
- Average Annual Income: $54,138
- Job Openings Per Year: 705
- 10-Year Growth: 3.5%
All career information and statistics listed here are provided by the State of Oregon.