Instructional Specialists for English Language Learners can help you with more than just writing! We can help you with:
- TOEFL and IELTS Preparation
- Using MLA and APA documentation styles
- Study Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Computer Skills
- Scholarship and Application Essays
How to get help from an IS-ELL:
- Make an appointment at the ELL Nook on the Albany Campus in the Learning Center (Second floor in Willamette Hall)
Appointments are available:
- Monday through Thursday from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Friday from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
For every appointment, remember to log in and log out on the Writing Center computer kiosk. When you sign in, choose "ELL Nook-Albany". Students can make 25-minute appointments through TutorTrac or in person.
Important things to remember about using ELL Resources at the Albany Campus and the Benton Center:
- Students who are not enrolled in a credit class--but ARE enrolled in an ELA class--can talk to their instructor or go to the Information Desk to get started in TutorTrac. Then they can set up an appointment through TutorTrac or in person.
- Bring your assignment and instructions with you. Think about what you need help with and let the IS-ELL know at the beginning of your appointment.
- You can make only 1 appointment per day; 3 appointments per week. Even if you don't have an appointment, stop by to see if an IS-ELL can help you.
- Be on time to your appointment so that you can spend as much time as possible getting help.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, do it at least two hours before your scheduled time. If you forget to cancel your appointment, you will not be able to make another appointment for at least two weeks.