Ways to make your appointment:
- Online, using TutorTrac (see instructions below)
- In person from a staff person at the Albany Campus Learning Center or the Benton Center
(If you are not registered as a students in credit courses, you may need assistance.)
- Ask at
- English Language Learners Desk or
- Information counter in the Learning Center or
- Writing Zone in the Benton Center
- Ask at
To log in to TutorTrac:
1. Go to tutortrac.linnbenton.edu to log in.
- Do not use "www." at the beginning of the web address
- Do not search for TutorTrac on the internet using Google, Bing, Yahoo or other search engines
2. Log in using your user ID and password. Your user ID is your Student ID number (X00... or 9...).
Your password is initially set as your date of birth formatted as YYYYMMDD.
When you log in for the first time, you may see a "Confirm Bio" window open. Please correct any information shown here (such as your phone number). You do not need to change your password, but you can if you want to (there are a random number of dots shown to as a security precaution).
After you check that your information is correct, click "Confirm". The page will reload but not close. Click the in the upper right hand corner to close the "Confirm Bio" page.
To make an appointment in TutorTrac:
1. After logging in to TutorTrac, choose "Search Availability" on the left side of the webpage.
2. Next, click on the small arrow beside "Center", and choose the place where you want an appointment. Choose "English Language Learners Desk" if you want an appointment at the ELL Desk on the Albany Campus. Choose "Writing Zone - Benton Center" if you want an appointment at the Writing Zone at the Benton Center.
Be sure you know where you made your appointment so that you go to the correct location.
3. For "CHOICE REQUIRED", click on the small arrow and select the subject or class your assignment is for. Next, click (it is best to leave the dates and days as they are).
Next, you will see all of the available appointments for the next 10 days.
4. When you find the appointment you want, click on the time. If it is less than 24 hours before that appointment time, you will not be able to make the appointment without assistance. Ask at:
You may only make three tutoring appointments each week and only one appointment a day.
5. You will receive an email confirmation when you make an appointment. It will tell you the time and day of your appointment, the location of your appointment, and the tutor you will work with during your appointment. Check your email to make sure you made the appointment you wanted.
You will also see an appointment reminder when you log in to TutorTrac again.
Ways to cancel your appointment:
- Online, using TutorTrac (see the instructions below)
- In person at the Learning Center
- Call the Learning Center Information Counter, (541) 917-6484. You can leave a message if we are closed or away from the desk.
If you need to cancel an appointment, cancel it as soon as possible. It is better to do it the day before, but you can cancel it up to two hours before your appointment. If it is less than two hours before your appointment, you will not be able to make an appointment in TutorTrac for two weeks.
To cancel an appointment:
1. Log into TutorTrac. On the main menu, you will see your upcoming appointment.
2. To cancel your appointment, click on the at the end of the appointment information in the Upcoming Appointment box. TutorTrac will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel.
3. To cancel the appointment, click on the "Confirm Cancellation" button. If you clicked on this accidentally, but you want to keep your appointment, click on the "Keep Appointment" button.
4. When you cancel an appointment, you will get an email to confirm that your appointment has been cancelled. Check your email to be sure that your appointment has been cancelled.
5. If you do not get an email, call the Learning Center Information Counter, (541) 917-4684 to check if your appointment has been cancelled. If you miss the appointment because it was not cancelled correctly, you may not be able to make an appointment in TutorTrac for two weeks.