Ways to make your appointment:
- Online, using TutorTrac (only students in credit courses) - see below
- In person at the English Language Learners Desk in the Learning Center or the Writing Zone in the Benton Center
To log in to TutorTrac:
1. Go to tutortrac.linnbenton.edu to log in.
- Do not use "www." at the beginning of the web address
- Do not search for TutorTrac on the internet using Google, Bing, Yahoo or other search engines
2. Log in using your user ID and password. Your user ID is your X number.
If you have never logged in to TutorTrac before, your password is your date of birth formatted as YYYYMMDD. After you log in the first time, you will see the message from TutorTrac that says "Confirm your Bio". You will have to change your password and your phone number.
After you change your password and check that your phone number is correct, you have to click "Confirm". The page will reload but not close. Click the in the right hand corner to close the "Confirm Bio" page.
To make an appointment in TutorTrac:
1. After logging in to TutorTrac, choose "Search Availability" on the left side of the webpage.
2. Click on the small arrow beside "Center", and choose the place where you want an appointment. Choose "ELL Nook-Albany" if you want an appointment at the ELL Nook at the Albany Campus. Choose "ELL Nook-Benton Center" if you want an appointment at the Writing Zone at the Benton Center.
Be sure you know where you made your appointment at so that you go to the correct location.
3. For "CHOICE REQUIRED", click on the small arrow and select the subject or class your assignment is for.
You will see all of the open tutoring appointments for the week. You can schedule an appointment up to 10 days ahead of time by clicking on the dates under "To".
You can change the times you see on the schedule by moving the arrows under "Time". You can change the days you see on the schedule by clicking on the name of the days.
4. When you find the appointment you want, click on the time. If it is less than 24 hours before that appointment time, you will not be able to make the appointment. You will have to go to the ELL Nook or Writing Zone to make the appointment.
You may only make three tutoring appointments each week and only one appointment a day.
5. You will receive an email confirmation when you make an appointment. It will tell you the time and day of your appointment, the location of your appointment, and the tutor you will work with during your appointment. Check your email to make sure you made the appointment you wanted.
You will also see an appointment reminder when you log in to TutorTrac again.
Ways to cancel your appointment:
- Online, using TutorTrac (see the instructions below)
- In person at the Learning Center
- Call the Learning Center Information Counter, (541) 917-6484. You can leave a message if we are closed or away from the desk.
If you need to cancel an appointment, cancel it as soon as possible. It is better to do it the day before, but you can cancel it up to two hours before your appointment. If it is less than two hours before your appointment, you will not be able to make an appointment in TutorTrac for two weeks.
To cancel an appointment:
1. Log into TutorTrac. On the main menu, you will see your upcoming appointment.
2. To cancel your appointment, click on the on the top right corner of your Upcoming Appointment reminder. TutorTrac will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel.
3. To cancel the appointment, click on the "Confirm Cancellation" button. If you clicked on this accidentally, but you want to keep your appointment, click on the "Keep Appointment" button.
4. When you cancel an appointment, you will get an email to confirm that your appointment has been cancelled. Check your email to be sure that your appointment has been cancelled.
5. If you do not get an email, call the Learning Center Information Counter, (541) 917-6484 to check if your appointment has been cancelled. If you miss the appointment because it was not cancelled correctly, you will not be able to make an appointment in TutorTrac for two weeks.