Thursday, June 13, 2019, 7 p.m.
Linn County Fair & Expo Center
Willamette Event Hall, 3700 Knox Butte Rd. NE, Albany
Commencement Ceremony Participation: You may participate in the ceremony at the end of your academic year of completion (Dental students who will be graduating at the end of the Summer term may participate in the prior Spring ceremony). If you are within 15 credits of completion and will complete Summer Term, you can participate in the Spring ceremony with a special request. Other exceptions are reviewed by the Registrar on a case by case basis.
PLEASE NOTE BAG RESTRICTIONS FOR CEREMONY:
Linn-Benton Community College Commencement No Bag Policy
For the safety and security of all attendees, please be aware that ALL BAGS AND PURSES ARE PROHIBITED from the Linn County Fair Grounds. Diaper bag contents can be brought in a clear zip lock bag.
Linn-Benton Community College reserves the right to prohibit any item from being carried into the auditorium.
- Backpacks, Purses, fanny packs and diaper bags
- Containers of any kind (including thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, & flasks)
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Animals (except service animals for disability support)
- Flags with flagpoles
- Alcoholic beverages, non-prescription drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- Apparel and/or signage displaying profane or abusive language
- Utility tools
- Cameras with a lens longer than 6 inches. Camera bags not allowed.
- Noisemakers (including but not limited to whistles, air horns, boom boxes, bullhorns, kazoos, sirens, thunder sticks, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Video cameras, tripods, and selfie sticks
- Pepper Spray
- Projectiles and other potentially dangerous objects
- Laser pointers
- Medically Needed Items (i.e. insulin pumps, oxygen equipment)
- Compact umbrellas
- Cellphones and pagers
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl that do not exceed 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches; one gallon resealable plastic storage bags; and small clutch bags no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches (wallet size). Bag contents will be checked at the entrance.
- Each person is permitted one (1) clear plastic bag and one (1) small clutch per the size restrictions outlined above. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items but is subject to search.
- Note: Strollers are not permitted inside the event hall, but may be left in the lobby area. All diaper bag items need to be in a clear plastic bag.
- Note: Persons not complying with the bag policy will be turned away from the event venue.
Questions about the Linn-Benton Community College Commencement No Bag Policy may be
directed to the LBCC Public Safety office.
Sign up for Commencement is now closed for 2019.
Cap and Gown ordering is now closed for 2019.
Graduates will be allowed entry starting at 5:30 p.m. All doors will be closed prior to this time.
Graduates must arrive for check-in by no later than 6:30 p.m. Check-in is at the Santiam building, located behind the Willamette Event Hall.
Instructions for graduates will be given at 6:30 p.m.
Graduates will be lined up at 6:45 p.m.
Commencement Program Listing: Names of students who will complete by the end of Spring Term will be printed in the program, as will the names of Dental students who will be finished at the end of Summer Term.
General Seating: doors will open for general seating at 6 p.m. (no strollers allowed due to safety and space restrictions). No tickets needed to attend ceremony.
NOTE: Parking may exceed capacity. Please car pool when possible. Additional disabled parking will be on the back west side of the Willamette Event Center Exhibit Hall in the exhibitor/vendor parking area. Overflow parking will be available at Timber Linn Park with shuttle service to the Willamette Event Center provided by the Albany trolley.
LBCC works with Grad Images to provide professional photography, announcements, flyers and more.
Learn more at Grad Images: www.gradimages.com