Tips and Advice for Scholarship Applications
Every year many scholarships go unawarded due to a lack of qualified applicants. In order to receive a scholarship you must apply!
Our scholarship database information is subject to change. Please be aware that the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form must be completed prior to applying for many of these awards. FAFSA forms are available at the Financial Aid Office, Takena Hall 117, or online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
Detailed information on each scholarship is available by clicking on the title. Please see the full description to determine your eligibility and to ensure you know the requirements of completing the application for that particular scholarship.
Simply list all the scholarships for which you meet the listed criteria. Applications are available only online and may be downloaded to complete. Do NOT send applications as attachments via email - they will NOT be processed.
Applicants will have an advantage if:
- FAFSA information has been received prior to these processes
- Transcripts from ANY other college/university have been requested and received prior to the application due date
- Recommendation letters are secured well in advance of the due date and are submitted with the completed application and budget sheet
- Applicants must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA to apply for scholarships
- Applicants have a declared major and it is correctly listed with the Registrar's Office. To check your declared major in WebRunner, follow steps in box below:
These sites are NOT endorsed by LBCC, but are listed for your convenience to search for outside scholarship money. The above links will take you to pages located off the LBCC server. LBCC is not responsible for their content.