Tips and Advice for Scholarship Applications
Every year many scholarships go unawarded due to a lack of qualified applicants. In order to receive a scholarship you must apply!
Scholarship information is subject to change. Please be aware that some awards require a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You can check the requirements for each scholarship before applying. FAFSA forms are available at the Financial Aid Office, Takena Hall 117, or online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
Detailed information on each scholarship is available by clicking on the title.
The application process is through our online system only. Do NOT send applications or attachments via email - they will NOT be processed. Old "paper" applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will have an advantage if:
- FAFSA information has been received prior to these processes
- Transcripts from ANY other college/university have been requested and received prior to the application due date
- References/recommendations are secured well in advance of the due date. You will be asked to supply the names and email addresses of 2-3 references as part of the application process.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA to apply for scholarships
- Applicants have a declared major and it is correctly listed with the Registrar's Office. To check your declared major in WebRunner, follow steps in box below:
These sites are NOT endorsed by LBCC, but are listed for your convenience to search for outside scholarship money. The above links will take you to pages located off the LBCC server. LBCC is not responsible for their content.