- Login to your WebRunner account
- Click Financial Aid
- Click Outstanding Requirements
- Click Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?
Grades that are NOT considered passing are: F, NP (No Pass), IN (incomplete), W (withdraw), and AU (audit).
Students who apply for financial aid at LBCC receive an initial SAP review prior to being awarded. Also, SAP reviews are completed at the end of each quarter that aid is received. If you are a student who has been attending without financial aid assistance but decides to apply for aid, your prior coursework will be part of the SAP review.
In simple words, all courses that you take at LBCC will be part of your SAP review regardless of whether or not financial aid assistance was received.
Student Expectations To Maintain Financial Aid At LBCC Each Term
In accordance with our SAP policy you will:
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00 (C Average) *Needs to be maintained every term at LBCC
- Maintain an overall completion ratio of 70% during your academic career at LBCC *Needs to be maintained every term at LBCC
- Attempt to successfully complete all the credits for which you receive aid each quarter
- Register and complete only the credits required for your program of study at LBCC
LBCC Satisfactory Academic Completion Policy
|If you Enroll:
||You must successfully complete: SATISFACTORY
||You Will be Placed On WARNING if you only complete:
||You will be placed on UNSATISFACTORY if you complete less than:
(12 or more credits)
|12 credits per quarter||6-11 credits per quarter||6 credits per quarter|
|Three Quarter Time
|9 credits per quarter||5-8 credits per quarter||5 credits per quarter|
|6 credits per quarter||3-5 credits per quarter||3 credits per quarter|
|Less Than Half Time
|All credits per quarter||Not Applicable||All credits per quarter|
Example: Mary is registered at FT status (12 credits) for Fall quarter. At the end of the quarter the financial aid office runs a SAP policy and learns that Mary completed 10 credits. Using the chart above, Mary is on warning for her next quarter of aid (Winter). Mary will need to have a 100% completion ratio for Winter quarter or she will be in unsatisfactory progress when another SAP is run at the end of Winter quarter.
Financial Aid Unsatisfactory Progress: Students who do not complete any of their classes* in a given quarter may owe money back. Be aware that overpayment must be paid in full before a Financial Aid Appeal Form may be considered.