The Learning and Career Center (LCC), located in BC-222, provides a wealth of services to support student learning and provides students with academic support and a comfortable place to study.
SUMMER TERM LEARNING & CAREER CENTER HOURS
June 24 - August 29, 2019
LINN BENTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE WILL BE CLOSED ON FRIDAYS IN JULY & AUGUST
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (No tests administered after 6:00 p.m.)
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (No tests administered after 2:00 p.m.)
August 26-29: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Testing Hours 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
TERM BREAK: June 17 - 21
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Testing Hours 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Testing Hours 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
ACCESS TO LCC SERVICES
To use our services, you must be registered for an LBCC class.
Sign-in at the check-in computer each time you use the LCC.
Advisors are available to provide academic advising, and crisis counseling. Call (541) 757-8944 x5101 to make an appointment or for drop-in hours. Personal assessment inventories (i.e. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory) are available, as well as placement test interpretation and referrals to other resources.
The LCC includes a quiet testing area where a variety of testing services are available. These include: the CPT (Computerized Placement Test, chemistry placement, CS 120 - Digital Literacy waiver, and Spanish placement tests, math modules, and proctored tests, both for LBCC and other schools' courses. Call for a testing appointment and for important information on what to bring with you to your testing appointment.
MAKE-UP TESTING FOR BENTON CENTER CLASSES
If a student is unable to attend class on a scheduled test day they can arrange with their instructor to test in the Learning & Career Center room 222. Instructor approval is required prior to testing in the Learning Center. Listed below are Instructor & Student Guidelines.
- Thoroughly fill out and attach the Student Assessment Testing Form to your test(s). The forms are available in Learning & Career Center (Room 222) or you can upload instructions and tests to http://tinyurl.com/bctestingform
- Include names of students on the form (or you can attach a class list) so we can verify with photo ID the correct student is testing.
- Include instructor name and course name on each test.
- Do not bring "master" copies. You should attach enough copies of the test for the students testing. If you want the Learning & Career Center to make copies then you need to upload the test.
- Indicate which aids are allowed or needed during testing. Items not listed will not be allowed.
- The Learning & Career Center does not provide scantrons or blue books.
- Deliver your tests to the Learning Center room 222 or upload the test to http://tinyurl.com/bctestingform
- Photo ID will be required to pick up tests. If you are not the one who will pick up the tests, list the person(s) on the form who are authorized by you to do so.
- We do not test entire classes, including online classes.
- We will not send tests back through campus mail.
If you have any questions, contact the Learning Center at (541) 757-8944 ext. 5101
To take a make-up test in the Learning Center you must:
- Know your class (i.e. Biology 101, Engineering 213)
- Know your instructors first and last name
- Know the testing hours for the Learning & Center. You must start your test at least 2 hours before closing.
- You must show photo ID to test.
- Only approved items are allowed in the testing room. Cell phones are not allowed in testing rooms. Lockers are available for use.
No children are allowed in testing rooms.
Computerized tests: Appointments are required for all exams that need a computer. Without an appointment we cannot guarantee a computer will be available.
Times Available for Testing:
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Proctor Information for testing at the Benton Center
Proctor Name: Kate Griensewic
Title: Program Assistant
Phone Number: (541) 757-8944 ext. 5101
Computers are available to registered students for research and student projects. LCC staff is available to help with any questions. Loaded with the Windows 7 operating system, the computers offer a wide variety of software programs including:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Suite
- Open Office 3.0
- Internet Research; Student Email and Registration (WebRunner)
- Access to LBCC Online Library Resources
- Career Information System
- Read/Write Gold
The LCC offers a comfortable place to study or work on assignments with access to computers, printer, copier and scanner.
You are welcome to eat and drink in the LCC study area except at computer stations. Please turn your cell phone off or to vibrate and take cell phone conversations outside.
Pictures are taken in the LCC for your LBCC Student ID card. Go to registration to get proof of admission to LBCC or your current class schedule.
For more information:
Phone: (541) 757- 8944 ext. 5101
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to visit the Albany campus Learning Center.