Transition to University

Transferring to Your Next School

Find Your Next School

In Career Information System (CIS), search schools in your major/field of study. If you do not have a CIS account, you can obtain one by contacting the Advising Center at (541) 917-4780 to set up an appointment with a Career and Advising Specialist.

You can also use a web browser to search for schools or ask your assigned advisor.

If OSU is your next school: 

Check out OSU's Transfer Students page. There is a lot of great information on OSU's website including helpful tools regarding transfer credits and their online catalog.  

Also be sure to consider the Degree Partnership Program. Students who transfer to OSU using the DPP program have a great opportunity to use both schools to accomplish their academic goals. In addition, students in this program have access to OSU services early on that can support a healthy transition from LBCC to OSU. Students are eligible to apply to DPP after completing: 

  • 24 graded transferable credits 
  • Grade of C or better earned in College-level writing equivalent to WR121 (English Composition) and MTH111 (College Algebra) OR MTH105 (Math in Society). 
  • GPA of 2.25 or higher based on those transferable credits

To apply for DPP, visit the OSU Bound Students webpage. 

Apply for Admissions to Your Next School

Be sure to complete that school's entry processes. If you have any questions, you can contact Admissions or Enrollment Services at that school. Ask them about academic advising services and get into contact with your advisor before transitioning schools. 

Make Financial Plans for Your Education:

Financial Aid is school-specific.

Remember that Financial Aid is school-specific. Complete the following steps to ensure you will receive Financial Aid at your next institution. 

  • Send Official LBCC Transcripts to your new school 3-9 months prior to entry. Contact to the school to find out if there are additional steps (transcript evaluation form, orientation, etc.)
  • Plan Housing

    Many universities and schools have housing information on their website. If you are relocating, now is a good time to start looking for nearby housing. Many universities have a Housing Office, including information on residential housing, apartments, and community living.