Living & Learning with Your Preschooler
Click the pictures above to see full-size photo.
- Instructor: Paula Jenssen (See detailed biography and photo of Paula on the "Meet our Instructors" page.)
- Location: LBCC Benton Center, 757 NW Polk Avenue, Corvallis
- Lab time and days: 9 - 11:20 a.m., M, W and F
- Evening seminars: 7 - 8:30 p.m., Mondays - 6 meetings total plus readings and Google discussions
- Cost: The current cost is $248.36 per term (two credits earned) for tuition. A $4.50 insurance fee per child is paid once yearly (at the time of initial enrollment). In addition, new parents must complete a criminal record background check, with a fee of $10.00. Financial assistance for tuition costs may be available to you through our tuition grant fund.
- For more information or to enroll, please call (541) 917-4899.
- Tuition Grant Application
- Tuition Grant Information
- Preschool Insurance Form
- A new law in the State of Oregon requires schools and children's facilities to make available the immunization and exemption rates for each vaccine. We have complied with that law, and information for each of our preschools can be found at .
Click here to see a list of FAQs for the Benton Center Preschool Cooperative
Help the Parenting Education Department support all families to be the best parents they can be by participating in these fund raising strategies.
- When you shop at the First Alternative Cooperative tell the checker that you support LBCC Preschool Co-ops or 46 and the Co-op will donation to our tuition grant fund.
- Sign-up for eScrip. Each time you shop at one of the eScrp merchants, eScrip gives the LBCC-Cooperative Preschools program a percentage of the sale. Local merchants include Safeway, Market of Choice, and Burger King, Cold Stone Creamery.
- Donations can be made to the LBCC Foundation, Parenting Education Tuition Grant Fund. All donations are tax deductible. For information contact Jerri Wolfe at (541) 917-4891, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll down to read testimonials from parents in the program:
"My daughter loves that I can be in the classroom with her. I love that I've learned effective parenting skills. It's a great program!"
"My favorite part of the class was... the connections my children and I made with Teacher Paula."
"My favorite part of the class was... getting new practical ideas of games/activities/books for my child."
"My favorite part of the class was... being in the classroom. It was fun being a part of my child's education."
"Paula does a great job in the classroom. She is kind, patient, and very knowledgeable. I love this class and how it supports me as a parent and my child's development."
"One of the positive aspects of these programs is the friendship and sense of community that comes about from being involved with other families. This sense of community was very obvious to me after a major emergency surgery. The families in the program provided incredible support, care, and generous offers of help. I am proud to be a member of such a group."
"As parents we often get caught up in day-to-day things and don't get a chance to think about our parenting - how kids behave, how we respond, etc. Seminars expose us to child behavior research that we may not know exists, and gives us a chance to speak to other parents about issues we may be facing. Class seminars are a great resource!"
"On days that I worked I observed Paula and learned new tactics for connecting and guiding my children in the future. She is magic!" (Paula notes that she is not really magic :))
"Love how Paula meets them right where they are at and helps them move forward one step at a time... such a great match for my son heading into kindergarten, we appreciate the partnering with us (his parents) in the journey. Paula's joy definitely helps, it rubs off on the kids too."
Support the Tuition Grant Fund. It's easy, it's free, it's powerful!