Living & Learning with Your Preschooler
- Instructor: Patty Baker (See detailed biography and photo of Patty on "Meet our Instructors" page.)
- Location: Lafayette Elementary School, 3122 Madison Street SE, Albany
- Lab time and days: 9:00 - 11:30 a.m., M, W and R
- Evening seminars: 5 meetings of 3 hours each - time and day TBD
- For more information or to enroll, please call (541) 917-4899
- Cost: The current cost is $238.36 per term (two credits earned) for tuition. A $4.50 insurance fee per child is paid once yearly (at the time of initial enrollment). In addition, new parents must complete a criminal records background check, with a fee of $10.00. Financial assistance for tuition costs may be available to you through our tuition grant fund.
- Tuition Grant Application
- Tuition Grant Information
- Preschool Insurance Form
- A new law in the State of Oregon requires schools and children's facilities to make available the immunization and exemption rates for each vaccine. We have complied with that law, and information for each of our preschools can be found at Immunization & Exemption Rates.
Help the Parenting Education Department support all families to be the best parents they can be by participating in these fundraising strategies:
- When you shop at the First Alternative Cooperative tell the checker that you support LBCC Preschool Co-ops or 46 and the Co-op will donate to our tuition grant fund.
- Sign-up for eScrip. Each time you shop at one of the eScrp merchants, eScrip gives the LBCC-Cooperative Preschools program a percentage of the sale. Local merchants include Safeway, Market of Choice, and Burger King, Cold Stone Creamery.
- Donations can be made to the LBCC Foundation, Parenting Education Tuition Grant Fund. All donations are tax deductible. For information contact Jerri Wolfe at (541) 917-4891, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials from parents in the program:
"The LBCC (Albany) Co-op has not only taught my child remarkable skills, but myself also. I recommend it to everyone."
"My daughter has greatly enjoyed the variety of activities offered and I have enjoyed watching her develop skills for playing with others."
"I have loved being able to be in the classroom and seeing what my child is learning, and being involved in the classroom."
"It is wonderful to work in the classroom and watch my daughter learn and interact with others."
"I really like the parent involvement in the co-op. It providers a 'community' for the whole family as well as the preschool experience for the kid."
We asked parents, what do your children like about the preschool? Here are some of their responses:
"(My child likes) their mom working in the classroom and bringing snack."
"(My child loves) meeting new friends."
"(My daughter) loves playing with other children and having her Mommy in the classroom with her."
"My child loves being exposed to new experiences in the class."
"My son's favorite part about school is his friends. He loves all the interactions with others and misses them when the school day is over."
"My son loves meeting new friends and learning at a pace he is capable of."
Support the Tuition Grant Fund. It's easy, it's free, it's powerful!