The 43rd Annual LBCC Family Fun Day, our fun-filled day of family activities for your 1-6 year old children, will be held February 29, 2019, at the LBCC Activities Center. This annual fundraising event helps to build the Parent Education Grant Fund, which provides partial tuition for parenting education classes. At our last event we raised over $10,000, which will help many deserving parents to attend LBCC Parenting classes!
The event attracts hundreds of young children from across Linn and Benton counties for a day of fun activities, good food, and lots of prizes! Putt Putt Golf, Bouncy Castles, an obstacle course, a Bean Bag Toss, Fishing, a Dig and Dirt area, and Basketball Bowling gave kids lots of physical activity and excitement, while the Face Painting, Play Dough, Silly Putty, Crown Making, Junk Art, and a Photo Booth allowed them to enjoy the fun of arts and crafts. Safe Haven brought a lope-eared rabbit, which caused many children to stop in mid-stride and ask their parents, "Kitty?" Kidco Head Start provided a themed reading area, and we had a special visit from Rocky the Roadrunner! In addition, there was a wide selection of books and toys for sale, and a concessions stand provided lots of delicious snacks and beverages. Entry into the event is free and activity tickets are sold for .25 cents each (most activities take 2-3 tickets).
At the end of the day, drawings were held for prizes donated by local companies and individuals. Here is a sampling of some of last year's prizes:
- $100 gift card from Winco Foods
- 2 Adult Tickets to Wildlife Safari
- 2 Adult and 2 Youth Tickets to OMSI
- 2 Adult Tickets for the Whale and Sea Life Cruise at Marine Discovery Tours
- Free oil changes from Valvoline/Vision Oil (5 winners)
- $30 Gift Card from The Duck Store
- Willamette Valley Vineyards Reserve Tour & Tasting for 8
- Eugene Emeralds Baseball Club - 4 box seat tickets & autographed card
- $10 gift certificates to Little Wuesten Cafe
- 2 Tickets for Enchanted Forest
- 4 Tickets for the Russell Tripp Performance Theatre, "The Drowsy Chaperone"
- 2 Tickets for a 2019 OSU Home Football Game
- 2 Tickets to the HIgh Desert Museum
- Contigo Coffee Cup and Stadium Blanket from The Beem Team LLC
- "Start each Day with a Grateful Heart" Home Decor Sign
- "Best Hikes with Kids" Oregon Books, donated and signed by co-author Zach Urness
- Beautiful, soft scarf
- Baking basket of goodies
- Blown Glass Bowl
- Free oil changes from Valvoline (4 winners)
- $50 gift card for Wilco
- $50 gift card for McMenamins Pubs & Breweries
- Glass Plates (gift set)
- Baby Tula Baby and Toddler Carrier
- Dinosaur Floor Puzzle
- Dutch Bros. Mug
- Free Dutch Bros. Gift Cards (5 winners)
- "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" book
- Free Haircut from Tani & Company
- Free Hanging Planter from Shonnards
- Gilbert House Children's Museum - 4 guest passes
- Oregon Coast Aquarium - 2 general admission tickets
- Diana Rose Studio - Gift certificate for art class
- Marilyn Lindsley Earrings
- doTERRA Essential Oils
- "Oregon" earrings
- "Shoot for the Moon" decor
- Southern Living "Devilish Delight Plate"
- Southern Living "Tuscan Glazed Candle Stand:
- Southern Living "Farmhouse Wine Caddy"
- Ceramic Skull Cup - Diana Rose Studio
- "Craft Beer Country" Book
We also have a wonderful group of people who have provided funding to sponsor this event:
- Edith Mulkey
We are so grateful for the support of the local community and businesses, the LBCC administration, our LBCC instructors and class parents, and our staff and their families. It takes so many people to make this event a success each year, and we are looking forward to this year's 43nd Anniversary celebration! Please plan on attending!