Licensed Care - All licensed providers have training hour requirements based on type of licensing:
Registered Family Child Care Home
- Located in residence of provider. Applies to only one provider at that address.
- Maximum of 10 children allowed in care at any time including provider’s own under 13.
- Certain age restrictions and ratios apply.
- Health and safety inspection prior to licensing & every two years at renewal.
- All residents and regular visitors over 18-years old must enroll on Central Background Registry.
Certified Family Child Care Home
- Located in building built as single family residence, may not be provider’s residence. Provider may hire assistance which may affect age and number of children and ratios allowed.
- Maximum of 16 children depending on staff and space.
- Fire, Sanitation, and Child Care Division inspections. License must be renewed yearly. All over 18-years old with access to children must enroll on Central Background Registry.
Certified Child Care Center
- Located in facility meeting zoning requirements as business.
- Numbers of allowable children depends on space, staffing & other factors.
- Initial and yearly inspection by Child Care Division, Sanitarian, Fire Marshal.
- License renewed yearly.
Unlicensed Exempt Care
- Three or fewer child care children at any time unless ALL children from same family.
- Care by parent or guardian.
- Occasional care by someone who does not usually do regular childcare.
- Educational preschools for children 3-5 years and less than 4 hours a day.
- Facilities providing activities such as drama, music, or dancing.
- Clubs or hobby groups offering short term activities or sporting events.
- Governmental agencies operating childcare.