Thank You for Your Support!
We’d like to extend a heartfelt thanks to our Linn and Benton County community members for voting to pass Bond Measure 22-190! Thanks to you, we can begin our work in earnest, upgrading and improving our facilities on campus, including a new agricultural center, improved childcare facilities and more! We can’t wait to better serve you upon completion of these projects.
On behalf of Linn-Benton Community College, we are first and foremost so tremendously grateful to our community for their investment in education. There’s no question that this is a tough time to ask for public funding, but the voters’ approval of this measure affirms a commitment to our mission of providing “Education for All” in Linn and Benton Counties.
With this support, we will be able to build a new Agriculture Education Center for our community and train generations of new farm and ranch technical workers, as well as future veterinary techs; provide safe and affordable child care to students and community members; and repair aging facilities that will keep our campuses flourishing for years to come.
Please be assured that we will do everything possible to guarantee these hard-earned tax dollars are spent in the most cost-effective, beneficial way possible. I am humbled and proud of the robust support we received from both counties and the communities we serve, and am looking forward to continued partnership with our business leaders.
The bond will allow the college to support evolving employer needs by continuing to offer high-quality education to students now and in the future. The cost of the bond will increase the tax rate by 7 cents per $1,000, or about $2.03 more per month for the average homeowner.
Major projects include:
- Construction of a new Agricultural Center to offer expanded animal science and crop and soil production training
- Renovation and re-opening an LBCC childcare center
- Critical repairs to aging facilities on LBCC campuses
Further reading & resources
- Key election information for Benton & Linn Counties
- Read the guidelines for LBCC employees regarding political measures or elections (Word Doc)
- Read LBCC's bond press release
- Learn more about the grand opening of Chinook Hall, and LBCC's ongoing mission to provide accessible education